Thursday, July 13, 2006

Tired of tests

I'm VERY tired of needles and machines. Yesterday I had the stress echo and that was … stressful! ;) They hooked me up and put me on the treadmill. It started slowly, of course. Then they sped it up and raised the front so that I was walking uphill. Then they raised it and sped it up more ... and more! By the time I was done, my heartrate was 178 and I told them that I couldn't go faster without running. I was walking VERY fast and practically straight up, though, so I did well.

They had me quickly get onto the table and they ran the machine over me. In one minute, I was down to 120 bpm and in 2 minutes, I was down to 90. Healthy heart!

The cardiologist read it ydy afternoon and all is perfect.

The carotid ultrasound made me realize what it must feel like to be strangled. I didn’t like that at all. Of course it is all normal. I’m probably the most worked-up perfectly healthy person on earth.

They called this am and want me to go in for more blood work in 2 months, because of the Zocor. And while I’m there they are going to get some more tests too. Now they’re saying that I may have some “mixed connective tissue disorder.” Whatever.. LOL I am feeling good, so no more doctors!

We're leaving at the crack of dawn tomorrow for our month in the northeast. We're starting in Michigan, visiting son Dave, Kelly, and their very fun family, and then heading east from there.

I announced Challenge results just now.

And I'm wrapping up my Photoshop classes over these few days. This morning I made the Certificates and I'll send them out this afternoon to the students who've earned them.

No comments:

Post a Comment