Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A New Year

2007 went out with flair. I went to Ione and Rob's for a wonderful fondue dinner along with 9 other people. And yes, they were all seated in Rob & Ione's casa, around a long table. Everything was delicious and the company was lots of fun.

This prepared us for the Village's New Year's Dance. The dance was good, though I think that the band was sort of a last-minute choice (my opinion; others liked the band). I actually danced a few dances, laughed much, and enjoyed the people. I also drank way too much wine and champagne.

I got home safely and awoke on New Year's Day... with a bit of a headache. ;) The day was a bit warmer, though, and the air held a bit of a springlike lilt! At 1, I went to Harold & Kathy's for their "Hangover Recovery Party!" Perfect! There was lots of great food, all the most fun people, and a beautiful day to enjoy them.

After we had eaten our fill, the more physically ambitious of us did a Park Circle, where we strolled the circumference of the park, knocking on some doors, calling out "Happy New Year!" When we got back around to my place (I'm just 2 doors west of Harold), the gang all crowded into my little patio, to see what it's capacity is. And here we all are! I was taking the photo. Capacity = 21! :D


This is a photo taken out my front window at the Catalina Mountains one morning last week. The sun was barely up, lighting just the mountain tops.


Today's hike was really fun. We went on the Molino Trail in the Catalina Mountains, going past the Prison Camp and stopping just short of the trail to the Dam. We went exactly 8 miles.

We passed the other hiking group from the Village -- the No-Hurry Hikers at one point, and I shot this photo of them across the ravine:


The weather was beautiful, as you can see. We started out cool, but I finished up with my jacket tucked into my pouch. I find that there are really two groups of Hardy Hikers -- a group that likes to go very fast, and another group, including Jack and me, who likes to stop and take photos now and then. I did fine today. The "rabbits" stopped now and then to wait for us, and that was fine. And I got some good photos!















2 comments:

  1. The hiking really sounds like fun. Ive always loved hiking the trails at turkey run state park so I know id love hiking with you and your group in Arizona. Someday that will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Janee! What a beautiful day!!

    ReplyDelete