Tuesday, June 24, 2008

One for You and One for Me

Work, work, working for the last few days on the house. Yesterday I caught a break by accepting a dinner invitation from Andrew and Veronica to go to Chapman's, a wonderful eastside restaurant. I had the mahi-mahi with papaya salsa -- delicious, and so beautiful that I longed for my camera.

Andrew got to demonstrate for me, much to Veronica's chagrin, how he humiliates people who ask him where he's from, based upon his accent. What he did was to try to make her guess, and then he teased her with "south of there" and "a bit east of there." This assumes, of course, that his victim knows enough of European geography to make a cogent next guess.

On the subject of geography, go on and take a test and see how *you* do on European geography, or any of the other continents. I .. um.. did not fare well with Europe. I do ok on Canada, though!

Anyway, the dinner with A & V was lots of fun.

So it was back to the salt mines for me today, as I finished up my work in my bedroom! I got the last of the clothing sorted out and boxed or taken out here to the RV. Having such a small place in which to live does limit what I can keep! I also boxed up some things to give to Kelly and David and prepared some things to give to George.

I shredded another 4 bags of papers that Ann had culled out ydy. And I worked in the office closet, pulling things out of there.

Suzanne came to help this afternoon, and she helped me with sorting out more things in the office and boxing things for Goodwill. They are doing very well from me!

Then at 6, DL came with a guy who's going to estimate on powerwashing the deck and the house and staining the deck with a sealant product. He is also going to estimate on painting the doors and washing the garage. All of the above are covered in green algal growth, as if they had been underwater!

DL and I worked then in the garage. She moved a bunch of things, taking a load of things that I didn't want to see again in her truck to give to people. I loaded my car to the gills with trash and recycling. That will all go tomorrow, since they take trash/recycling only on Wed and Sat. I'll also make a Goodwill run tomorrow. I miss Steve and his truck on these runs!

I am finally getting a few bids on some of my auction items! Woo hoo! I'm wondering if it would be ok to pop some "extras" into the box when someone buys something. Like.. maybe a box of Pyrex pie pans with purchase of a crystal apple? LOL!

There is a June bug outside on the screen torturing Eddie! He is so funny batting at it! LMAO! Having never been an outside kitty, he probably just thinks that they are there for his amusement.

Maddy's looking good and feeling good these days. She's lost enough weight that she has a noticeable waist now, and her ribs are palpable. She does so much better when she walks daily! (I have always walked (or cycled or hiked) daily, but on those cycling or hiking days, Maddy doesn't get to go!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, sis. You have been very busy. I am glad you are getting things done though and before you know it, you will be done, done! :)

    Steve was supposed to do a tree job yesterday, but the neighbor's husband passed away that night and so they didn't want Steve and his chain saw going at it in the next yard! He has to wait a few days now. He applied for a few jobs on Monday - Lowe's and Wal-Mart...so we will see. In the meantime, maybe he can get down there before this weekend to help out...maybe even today since it is "trash" day.

    EBay, isn't it fun even if you aren't getting "rich" off of things. I have sort of gotten hooked on it. It is amazing to me who will buy what how many people just look at the stuff.

    We sold another movie...I think that is a total of 9 now. I need to get all that stuff together and settle up with you so we can all go to DQ or something on our profits! ;)

    You need to send me an email with updates on your...well, you know, life.

    See you later, love, Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janee,
    I'm finally back home.
    Glad to see that you are still making progress with the house. Taking a day off here and there is just what you need to keep your sanity.

    Love you, J

    ReplyDelete