Monday, September 08, 2008

Showing my House

Yep.. I showed it today. I sort of think that they must teach something in real estate school that goes beyond, "Buy my house! Please!" Ok well, so it didn't go that badly. I probably should have spent more time assessing his needs and convincing him that my house fulfilled them. Instead, I just told him about the house and all the cool things that I'd done to improve it. Then we looked at the garage and walked the land. It was cool walking out there. I had not walked the land for a couple of years. He's going to get back to me by the end of the week.

The other guy who was interested I called today, and he asked the price. After he picked himself up off the floor he said he didn't think he could afford that, and then he said that he'd get back with me in 2 days. So Friday, if I don't have money in my hand, I'm going to be calling my favorite Realtor and listing the place.

The house does look pretty good. I cleaned bathrooms today and got the rest of the stuff out of the living room.
I still have to clean the patio furniture that's on the deck. It has green stuff growing on it. Actual moss, I think.

I made up the guest bed with actual sheets, so that John (from Tucson) can sleep there while he's visiting. (He's coming to trade cars for me. Annette's going to have my 2002 CRV and I'm going to have the 2007 one... in Tucson!)

I have not eaten dinner yet, and it's after 8. I was thinking about going out for dinner to kind of celebrate having shown my house, but sort of chickened out. I guess that it counts that I thought of going out, right?

Jack called and told me that all the Big Rapids/Tucson ladies (including his soon-to-be-ex-wife) were going to a movie together and he had said, "Gee it's too bad Janee's not here or she could go too." That was met with eye rolls, he said.

I'm not sure why I have to know about things that I'm not invited to. In general, if there is something I could tell that cannot help but could hurt, I won't tell it. I wish that people would afford me that same courtesy. Oh well.... How boring would the world be if it were populated by only people like me! LOL!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Sis.

    I think you will get your house sold quickly once you get to a realtor. I know, the extra expense is a pain, but might just be worth it.

    Don't worry about those old bags in MI...that is just what they are...old. It isn't an age, you know that...it is the mindset.

    I never thought about it, but if you would like to have John stay at our house, he is more than welcome and we now have an extra bed - Aaron & Angie brought their queen size bed to our house. You can stay in the other room and John in one. That way, you will be messing up your house, and you can still visit with John. No problem, just let me know. You can keep the RV out front with the kitty :)

    Gotta get back to work...very busy today. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well someone will be getting a really neat place.

    Ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete