Saturday, November 22, 2008

On the Road Again

This gray was the color of the sky for most of my drive today. That's right: I'm on the road again, heading out to Arizona. It's just me and my little cat Eddie, because Jack has some business to get ironed out before he can travel. I just reached a point where I chose not to deal with the cold, ice, and snow, so I'm on my way to warmer climes!

I'm not there yet. The furnace and my little space heater are working overtime to keep things comfy inside. And to make things worse, because the RV is winterized, I have to use the bathhouse! I'll be going there for my nightly toilette soon, and I'm not looking forward to that! While it's 27 here, though, it's 18 right now in Big Rapids!

Today I left at 10:10, and I traveled 411 miles, before arriving at Effingham, Illinois to Lakewood Camp. I lunched at KFC, just nibbling at some chicken strips and baked beans. And I filled with fuel in the same town, Michigan City, Indiana. It was cold and windy. I stopped a couple of times at rest stops to.. rest... and to check my location and destination with the gps.

This is a pretty campground -- a place where Michael and I had stayed 2x before. It was pitch dark when I arrived here, though it was only 5:10pm local time (CST). The guy who checked me in took me to my site, and helped me to see where to hook up the electricity, which was helpful. Then I went for my walk, doing 25 minutes of round-and-round, in the freezing cold.

Ok... shutting down now and I'm off to the bathhouse!

My last posting about Tracking Snow ... LOL I discovered that I'd mistakenly posted that in the FHTV Computer Club blog! Duhhhh! And no one even mentioned it. How embarrassing. I think I wrote it on the 16th of November.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are on your way. But where are you on your way to? Why are you so far North? Driving on I70? Can't wait for you to get here.
    Love, J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to let you know APRS is working great.

    Ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sis...good to chat with you last night. Sorry your trip is "gray". You will be in the warmth soon and that will make at least some things better. :)

    I am actually working today from home. I have so much to do, but it isn't too bad when I have my laptop on my lap in the recliner!

    I started my X-Mas shopping yesterday and got a few things done. It is hard to believe there is something wrong with the economy when you see all the people out shopping and buying lots of stuff. The lines were very long everywhere we went, even lunch.

    I got done with a painting for the dining room and I like it. It has been a long time since I even thought about painting anything - it was fun to do.

    You be safe. Love you. Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are on your way to a warmer climate. When I read in the HT that it was only 19 degrees in Bloomington, it confirmed once more why it is we come to Florida for the winter.

    I'll try to write a real e-mail later. Travel safely!

    Love, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey as long as you are now in the area are you going to drop by the original KFC ;-)

    Ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete