Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Better Day

Happy Easter, to those of you who celebrate it! Today that included me! We had intended to go to sunrise service, but we sort of overslept. Instead, we went to the pancake breakfast, served in high style by the youth of the church. Then we went to the 10 am service, which was good.

After church, we changed clothes and set to work right away, getting things ready to go. We redid the under-couch area making 4 large bin-drawers there. With all the stuff that we are used to carrying, we needed some more storage!

Another project for today was getting the amateur radio outfit installed, and that went swimmingly. I got the antenna installed up high, on the cabover window. Actually, the antenna itself is not screwed in yet. I wanted to be sure that the glue for the through-the-glass installation is set well first.

I use the radio for APRS, which is Automated Position Reporting System. This little techno marvel works like this: I have my little radio hooked up to a GPS unit and to an antenna (with a small amplifier). The GPS tells the radio where I am. The radio automatically sends my position out to the ether, and it is, I hope, received by a station that has an I-Gate. This station then automatically sends my position onto the internet!

What next? You click on the Where is Janee Now? link over to the right! This takes you to a site that tells you where we are, as long as we're in the RV. Starting tomorrow, I am hopeful that we have the antenna installed and the location should be available for you to see!

We went to a nice little party today over at Vickie and Earl's. Food and lots of laughs made for a fun time for all of us!

This evening, Jack and I did more work, getting things put into the RV. And one of us is sleeping out there tonight -- Eddie, our cat! I like to give him a little extra time to be in the RV before it starts moving! He loves this RV, just as he loved the other one. He had his dinner, a bath, and a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment