Friday, May 08, 2009

Dubuque

We arrived in Dubuque on Wednesday, actually, and we've been staying pretty busy since then. We did a couple of things for the RV. First we took a couple of days installing the swivel seat for the passenger's side. That's where I'm sitting now, and I love it. Yes, Annette, I remember that Steve installed the other one in about 10 minutes. This one was a little trickier, since the bolts didn't fit right. Ok, now I can't remember what else we did, if, in fact, we really did anything else for the RV. LOL!

Yesterday we went to a baseball game, partly pitched by Matthew, Jack's grandson. While the score was hugely lopsided against our team in the first inning, we ended up pulling it out at the end, much to everyone's delight.

Yesterday also I got a mammogram, generously arranged by Jack's son in-law. All's well with my girls!

We've been enjoying some pleasant walks around this pretty neighborhood. It's been raining at night.

Before we got here, we stopped off in Springfield for the night, and then we got together with our friends from Tucson, Ray and Jean. They toured us around their beautiful home and then their daughter's home too. Then we went to the great restaurant at the Bass Pro Shop (yes, really!) and had lunch. What a nice time we had!

4 comments:

  1. Hey sis...the seat thing - that is funny. You know, I still think Steve could have done it in about 45 min. He is just about the handiest person I have ever known. He isn't that great with the finish stuff (small hammer-type stuff), but great with most things. He is getting better at the finish work, too. I guess after you are used to swinging a chainsaw around all the time, it would be expected!

    Nothing much going on around here new. Hope you have continued safe travels. Love you! Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are the game photos, or maybe the after game photos. You have made Jack and his family part of "our family" we need to see the family photos.

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the seat? Did Le Mesa ship it to you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was cruising your site and found the link to your blog.

    Wow - what a cool trip! I loved seeing the petroglyphs. I had been in the general area (zipped down to Carlsbad through Roswell) but was not aware of all the cool stone drawings.

    Probably far from your thoughts right now, but I hope the myjanee site is still a going concern. You're welcome to add a set of boards to the curvemeister forum if you'd like.

    Mike Russell

    ReplyDelete