Saturday, May 02, 2009

When it rains...

I can't do any color other than gray today, though the day wasn't bad. We actually enjoyed our time here. It rained ALL day here! We began the day with breakfast over in the Rally Hall -- all-you-can-eat pancakes, eggs, bacon, and juice. Mmm! It was hot, freshly made, and delicious!

Then we came back here for some computer time, as we listened to the rain pepper down on the RV. Yes, we could have gone into town in the KOA shuttle, but it would have cost us $14 to the show area and $24 had we wanted to go to the historic downtown area. When I hear "shuttle," I'm thinking "free" or maybe a buck or two.

We did take a walk during a break in the rain and went to the Craft Mall. Here there are actual craftspeople showing their work, and there was good stuff! There was a Men's Area, where men theoretically sit on a couch and watch tube while their ladies shop. Well, Jack loves to shop, so we just chuckled about that Men's Area.

As bad as last night's dinner was, tonight's was that good! This was at Rails, a catfish joint known only to the locals... and us! The people were really nice, the service great, and the food was delicious with great variety. :)

3 comments:

  1. Well the KOA will have a shuttle for the hamvention that will be $8 for the whole period.

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sis. I have been soooo busy with this nice weather doing yard work and then the second job, I have been reading your blog, but not been posting anything.

    I love the pictures. You both take great pictures. I really would like you to take a picture for me that I can get made in B&W for that wall in my family room. You will have to help me come up with something for the picture when you are here.

    I planted flowers yesterday and they look really nice. I should take some pictures :) I might do that tonight and post them on facebook.

    I am sorry you are having all the rainy weather. We had so much rain the last couple of weeks, there is a lot of flooding in the lower lying areas.

    Hope the rest of your trip is better weather wise. Love you, Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you are missing some good indiana weather.

    ray, kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete