Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fun days

Well, OK, so it's not ALL fun, but it's mostly fun.

I've started on a new journey -- one of discovery. I'm going to discover the new me that's become hidden under 16+ lbs of extra weight! I'm serious about this, too. I'm serious enough that I've started an account with MedHelp.org and have installed trackers for my food intake, my exercise, and my weight. So far it's fun and seems to have me thinking seriously about what I'm eating. (If this link doesn't work (It's for my personal profile page.), then go on to MedHelp.org and set up your own account. If you want to follow my progress, I would love that. You just have to add me as your friend. I'm in there as myjanee. :)

We've been working on Jack's house, making some real progress in his office and in the living room. Piles remain, of course, and dirt remains, but nothing like before. I've kept one of the bedrooms just as it was, so that I can go look and see that, yes, we have made progress! Oh, and I did get one of those $30 "gas mask" affairs to wear when I'm working in there. I find that my breathing has been much easier since then!

We're on track to move into our new digs on the Muskegon River! After we left Annette & Steve's, we were so excited about shopping for furniture, that we shopped some more! LOL! All of the following is to be delivered next week!

We now have mattresses for the Master, for Guest #1, and for Guest #2. We have a bed for Guest #1. (Annette, this is YOUR room!) This is a really great bed which would have been totally out of our league pricewise, but, since it was a close-out... I get it! The bed is an antique pine with black criss-crosses and little black rosettes. It is some sort of Mediterranean style, and it's almost a "sleigh" bed, but not "sleigh" enough that you'll hate it, Annette! :P That room will also have a small round side table and the antique walnut dresser that I have.

Guest #2 will be our "forest room." For this room, we chose two Rustic Pine twin beds from our local Amish furniture makers. They are something like this. Tucked in between them will be the cutest little log nightstand that you've ever seen in your life! We got a pine-cone lamp to go on that table.

We bought a TV -- one that is bigger than the one I used to have, but cost about 1/3 of what I paid for the other one. It's an LG. To go under the TV, we got a beautiful piece of furniture... Well, here it is! You be the judge. They even show it with Mission furnishings! :)

Oh! And we have our boats! We got Native Watercraft boats, which are a sort of hybrid between a canoe and a kayak -- best of both worlds, and the best boat for our river! Jack's is blue and mine is yellow!

We've been out in the boats on the river 4 times, and it gets better every time! We've been with Harold, Kathy, Janet, Pete, Linda, and Mike. Now.. as fun as this is, I want everyone I know to do this! We can arrange for a boat for you, so .. come on!

You know that I don't like to talk about the future in here, so I won't... much. We are going to be starting to move in on the 24th! We'll be having some of our stuff delivered on Tuesday the 25th, and some on the following Friday. The bulk of it will be here after the Indy-ordered furniture gets to Annette's -- or most of it, at least. I'm thinking that we can do the dining table/chairs and the recliners in Jack's trailer, because I'm getting antsy about having my stuff!

6 comments:

  1. I've gotta hand it to you for keeping up with this project. If it were me, I would have run away as fast & as far away as I can & NEVER go back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I thought you had the mess cleaned up. glad you got the gas mask. It should be fun once you get the crap out to fix the place up. It does make me sad that so much money was wasted. OCD is a bad disease.
    The new house sounds wonderful. And all the new furniture Wow how many people get to do that----everything matching. I love TV furniture---looks like mine.

    Ok this weight loss thing----I just had some health problems and any how some really smart people (professional) said I needed to work on getting in shape. I rode the stationary bike for 30 min. per day and got my heart rate at the right level---when I had done that for 8 weeks the weight pealed off. Also i did some weight training and I didn't gorge myself. Just a thought

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now do you have good RV parking setup at the new place yet?

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright Janee. Time to post that the closing went fine. We have friends in Bloomington actually they just moved to Michigan also. Anyhow the closing where they sold their house didn't go fine. It was scheduled for 8/10. Still hasn't closed. Reason: Bank where Mortgage was at went under. Apparently there was a difficult time to find out who now had the mortgage. False leads on that front. Then finally supposed success. Now waiting for payoff. Although place taking care of closing doesn't know how long it will take to get the underwriters to approve. I'm assuming it's the title insurance underwriters due to the mess of trying to confirm the mortgage with the bank failures involved.

    So Janee, hopefully you will post soon to say all is OK!!!

    Jim - took blog off web

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim posting and shaking his head. Yesterday was your possession date! I need to take a class on either memory or reading congnition. Meanwhile other friends still waiting to hear when their final closing will be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Janee,

    I hope former owners vacated without incident, and you are now settling into your new nest. We had trouble getting squatters (aka, people who no longer own the place) out of our house after we closed. This is why we have not moved in the last 30 years.

    Next time, 24 hours to vacate or locks will be changed. If anything like toilets are taken, well, former owner will wish they had rethunk their position. Live and learn, live and learn.

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete