Friday, October 30, 2009

Ocala, Florida

It's almost too warm today! Well... almost. :) We're actually enjoying the humidity and the 80+ heat of the last couple of days!

I am feeling much better now, having recovered completely from a bout of awful flu, it seems. I was really knocked out by the silly illness. Feverish and coughing my head off, I was unable to even *drive* till just yesterday.

I was mostly recovered when we arrived at Ken & Judy's near Huntsville, AL. We stayed in the RV, but enjoyed time with them as well as time to explore the Huntsville environs. Yesterday we left there, and drove on down as far as Dothan, AL. The campground was adequate but.. not at all fancy.

Tonight's campground is much nicer, and Jack took the opportunity to do our laundry, while I caught up on my email. I cooked dinner, using some frozen cooked hamburger, rice, canned tomatoes, part of an onion, a clove of garlic, parmesan cheese, and spices. Mmmm, it was GOOD!

5 comments:

  1. But how much did it heat up the RV? Ended up cooking super for a group that I work with. 5 lbs of beef stroganoff a gallon of rice, A bunch of pasta, and assorted other things will get your apartment 20 degrees hotter than outside temp even if the air conditioning on. I bet the effect is even worse in an rv.

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never gonna lose 8 pounds eating like that. But it sounds scrumptious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have plenty of trees!!

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incidentally I may need to head down to the Orlando Florida area in March. Looks like you found a pretty good campground. Which one is it?

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sis...glad to hear you are finally feeling better. I have had it too. Today was really the first day for a week that I have felt sort of human again...although the cough is still with me.

    The warm (hot) weather will help you feel better. Sounds like you are having a good time. I am so glad.

    Our time changed today and now I am one hour younger! LOL.

    Hope you continue to have many happy and healthy travels. Love you! Sis.

    ReplyDelete