Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Hiking the Pontatoc Canyon

Today we had a most wonderful hike in the Catalina Mountains on the Pontatoc Canyon trail. It starts out on the same trail that we took last week, going up Pontatoc Ridge, but this one is much more challenging, taking us up, up, up, down, down, down... up, up, up... you get the idea. The scenery was beautiful, and the views of the canyon and the city below -- splendid!

I was delighted to get onto the scale this morning and to see a new number -- 134.8. Ok.. I know that rounds to 135, but I still like seeing that 134. The other cool thing is that my "muffin top," that bulge of fat above my jeans, is getting smaller. Woo hoo!

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Janee. Congrats on svelte new you! Your short hair is cute and youthful. I remember Michael liked your hair short, too.

    I'm so glad your life is going wonderfully! Good for you for realizing life goes on and for finding Jack.

    Snow is predicted in Dallas overnight. I had hand surgery last week on a tendon gone crazy, so I hope no snow's around on Friday when this giant boxing glove of a cast comes off. Put lipstick on with the wrong hand to see how annoying this is. It's huge, so it creates wardrobe issues.

    Enjoy the sunshine!

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think moving around is a key in weight loss. You are looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did better than me, I gained 2 lbs Thanksgiving. This is a terrible time of year to be on a diet, but I have no idea how much I would have gained if I hadn't been on a diet.

    Merry Christmas
    Dona

    ReplyDelete
  5. My problem was that for social and "political" reasons I end up at 6 thanksgiving dinners. Great food, but really this needs to be spread out.

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete