Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Madison, CT

I'm writing in purple in solidarity for the GLBT kids who are bullied and need a ray of hope. It gets better, kids! I wasn't horribly bullied, but I did have a very difficult childhood/teenage life, and I can tell you that it does get better. Things do change.

We spent a third day in Providence on Monday, taking photos of the Statehouse, which was lovely. We then went to Providence Center and milled around a little before calling it a day.

Tuesday, we left Bellingham and drove all the way to Madison, CT. (I'm kidding about "all the way." It's just over 2 hours!) We're now parked in my Auntie's driveway. We had some great soup with Dots, rode around town and showed Jack the lay of the land, enjoyed some ice cream at Ashley's (YUMMY!) and then just talked and rested in the evening.

Today, all 3 of us went to the Hidden Kitchen for a delicious breakfast. Then Jack and I went to Mystic Seaport, a historic seaport town with plenty of exhibits and demonstrations. We both took plenty of photos, so expect to see some of those soon. In the meantime, here are some from Portland, Maine:



1 comment:

  1. Your not to far from the Graton Navy base. You can see the nautilus first nuclear sub.

    ReplyDelete