Sunday, January 30, 2011

California Dreaming

I've been away! Jack and I took a short trip to Corona, California, last week. The main purpose of the trip was to visit my new cottage, which is under construction at a manufactured housing plant there. It's very nearly completed, with just a few finishing touches to go before it's shipped here to Tucson! I expect that it'll be here next week.

The cottage is lovely to my eyes. It's a bit of a darker color than I remembered ordering, approaching a coffee brown, but it's still beautiful. The roof seems quite high, and I love the color that I chose for the interior paint, the Corian, and the cabinets. The stainless appliances look great, the sink is under-mounted, and the loft is wonderfully spacious. I should have no trouble getting my mattress to fit up there.

So today I did some money-shifting, so that everything is in place to pay the bill when it does arrive.

We spent a couple of days in Phoenix area, paying a visit to the state Capitol, and made a trip to the Hall of Flame Museum of Firefighting. Definitely worth a trip, if you're in the area -- the Hall of Flame, that is. The capitol building is nice too, serving as a museum now, though, since all the government functions are spread out over the downtown area. We enjoyed two visits to IKEA, as well. That's one of our favorite stores.

We also stopped in Quartzsite, AZ, on the way out. This is a huge and sprawling RV mecca for 2 weeks in the wintertime. And I mean huge. There are an estimated million people who come to Quartzsite for the RV show and then for the gem and mineral show. We walked through the main tent, spending a grand total of about 4 hours there. I got the new Trailer Life Directory, Jack got some hydraulic bed lifts, and I had some ice cream. I didn't eat it all, because it wasn't fantastic. But we had a good time.

We stayed in Best Western hotels the whole way -- in Tempe, Indio, CA, Blythe, CA, and then back in Tempe. We found them to be comfortable, clean, and well-supplied. The one in Tempe was the best. :)

4 comments:

  1. Glad you and Jack had a good time. I admire your enthusiasm, physical and emtional energy to accomplish your goal to fix up your winter home.. while we are coping with all the snow in New England. But, eventually .. spring will be here..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we expect lots of pictures as soon as the new digs gets installed. ;-)

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you sold the old place yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I have not sold my current cottage yet. Have not even made much of an effort, though it is listed now. I'm going to put a beautiful new floor in my "old" one, once I get my stuff out. This carpet is shot and the linoleum has some holes in it, from when we moved the kitchen island. Once I have that done, It should show very well as an "almost new" cottage. :)

    ReplyDelete