Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

1/1/11! I rang in the New Year without a midnight kiss, but that was ok. I had a good day yesterday and a good one today, so who needs a kiss to punctuate things? (Me! LOL!)

I went to the clubhouse last evening with Jack to the potluck supper. I brought my salmon and penne casserole. There was lots of food, and, even being the last table to be served, we still got plenty.

After dinner, we opted to go to the dance over at Mary's. They had a band which played till 8:30. We danced, drank champagne, and enjoyed hors d'oevres, all compliments of Broadway Proper. At 8:30, the band played Auld Lang Syne, and everyone sang. Very fun evening.

We had started to watch the "ball drop" show on Mary's TV, but we decided to finish watching it at Jack's. But, by the time we arrived there, the show had ended and news was on. Sheesh. So I came back home and read till midnight, at which time, I fell asleep. This was a better New Year's Eve than I had expected it to be!

Of course, I can't let a New Year's Eve pass without remembering December 31, 1982, the night that Michael and I were married. Twenty-eight years ago.

It continues cold today, and I'm hopeful that it gets warmer before long. We have friends who are stuck in Flagstaff in snow!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year. Come to think of it I didn't get a kiss either. Not worse off because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Janee.
    Dona

    ReplyDelete