Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Photos of the New Cottage!

Slowly, but steadily, we're making progress on the projects around my new cottage. Jack got some concrete blocks cemented in today, and I got another carload of stuff loaded up at 206, driven here, and offloaded. Most of it is put away now.

I got the Fit serviced this morning. Its "oil life" indicator was down to 15%, and that means that it's time to get it changed. It takes awhile for it to get that low, too. Last oil change was in Big Rapids, and so that was September or before. When I first arrived here, I took it to my dealer, and they told me that I needed to wait for that 15%.

Ok! Here we are. New photos of the new digs!

Here is the delivery guy unwrapping the front. The doors are not even on yet!


Notice .. no flooring yet, and all the building stuff everywhere. I was NOT living here yet!






Fast-forward to today. Here's Jack working on the concrete footer for the deck:



And here are some interior photos, with explanations. You have to click the pic to see the explanations. :)









6 comments:

  1. Lovely Janee!

    Looks like you went with the Adura flooring. It looks just like my floor~

    Very nice cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cottage is very nice. I think you need a area rug in the living room. I love the shower--it looks like the kind I want to get. Your going to love having hard flooring-I have wood and travertine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Barb and Anon! :)
    I think that it's actually Armstrong, Barb, but it is a heavy-duty vinyl -- just looks like tile!

    Yes, I am going to get an area rug for the living room. I have not chosen it yet, but it's going to have some color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my Adura tile is heavy duty vinyl also, by Mannington. I love how it looks like stone but is so nice and warm to the touch! and not so much worry about dropping and breaking fragile items!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I think some color in area rug would be perfect. I know this isn't "Blog Cottage" like diys blog cabin but just couldn't help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I do appreciate the comments! It seems like I always have to really work at making any of my decorating seem like a woman lives here. I seem to channel my masculine side. Florals? Nevah evah! LOL!

    ReplyDelete