Monday, August 29, 2011

Back in Michigan

I've been back in Michigan since August 17. I've mainly been occupied with my usual home-improvement pursuits. If you know me very well, you know that I've been obsessed with home improvement since childhood, when Annette and I rearranged our bedroom furniture... uh... frequently. At least I have not rearranged this house to the point where I'm sleeping under my desk! LOL!

Jack and I have not worked much on his house, I think because he just can't stand it. He says that he wants to sell it, but he can't figure out what he wants to do with his garage FULL of tools, and many other things. We're trying to work in that direction, anyway.

We went to Grand Rapids on Saturday and bought a bookcase and nightstands finally. This will give me a civilized place to put books (duh) and help to organize (or at least hide) the bedside clutter. Jack and I will go back down to pick these up later in the week. I also have been diligent about getting my appointments made -- teeth cleaning, eye exam, financial checkup, etc..

Weather here on the river has been perfection. Jack has cooked delicious food for us on the grill, and I made the best egg salad EVER just yesterday. :)

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your home improvement project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you been using those kayak/canoe boats? Are they working out? Would you rather have just a kayak? just wondering because I'm in the market---mostly I would be using it on a lake. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love our Native Watercraft. They're splendid on our river and wd be great on a lake.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whats going on in Michigan? It is starting to turn cool in Indy.

    ReplyDelete