Friday, January 13, 2012

How I've Changed


We all know how good a cookie is. You eat it, and as you put it away a bite at a time, the sweetness is almost overwhelming. You just want to keep eating them. After the cookie is gone, in fact, you usually just have to grab another! It is hard to satisfy your appetite with cookies.

I've learned that it's very different with a mango. The process of readying it to be eaten is a ritual that takes a bit of time. Then, as you eat it, there is a party that takes place in your mouth. The thing is just a mosh pit of sweet deliciousness that must be experienced to be understood.

But the real magic of the mango is that the pleasure continues. The fruit is large enough and filling enough that it does it for your appetite!

And, as you're eating it, you can reflect upon the fact that you're actually eating something that is feeding your body! Mangos are rich in vitamins A & C,vitamin B6, and fiber...but they are not calorie-dense.

I had my first mango just a couple of weeks ago, and I'm so happy that I got the nerve to try one. I shared that first one with Jack. The one I had today was all mine!

Location : 7677 E Broadway Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85710,

1 comment:

  1. I got sick of Mangos when I was in Hawaii. They were for breakfast every morning. I had always thought green peppers were Mangos. I was amazed that they were orange fruit. Life is funny.

    ReplyDelete