Saturday, April 14, 2012

Rainy again!


LoL one would think it rains here frequently, but such is not the case! Today's rain may be the first since I last posted.

I'm doing well and staying frantically busy accomplishing lots. I've finally decided upon,designed, and mostly installed (except for the part that is still on order from Lowe's) a track lighting system for my dining area and art wall. When said part arrives and the project is complete, I'll show you pix!

I've also been involved in the selection and procurement of a new cottage for Jack. The lot just south of me became available and I snapped it up. Jack's new digs will be moving in there after the old cottage is out. They were here taking down old awning and skirting a few days ago. Now we are just waiting for the hum of the wheels of progress.

This is going to be a fun development for both of us. I'm looking forward to not having to drive over to get him to go off and do stuff. And neither of us will have that chilly evening bike ride after supper.

I've managed, over a period of 5 months, to get my weight down to 122.5 -- a loss of 21 lbs of middle-age woman fat I did not want. I did this by religiously young what we all know we should. I've been exercising every day without missing a day since 10/25/11 -- mostly Wii Zumba and walking. I've been eating few snacks, and then it is just good stuff like 14 almonds, a box of raisins, or a carrot. No more random, chaotic eating. I'm counting my calories and keeping track of them, my exercise, and my weight on myfitnesspal.com -- a great free site and phone app which has been a godsend.

Still active in church, singing in the choir and enjoying that. Not sure if I'll be taking part in vbs but we may. I helped with music last year and it was fun.

We've been spending lots of time with Mary, running errands with and for her, taking her to church, and eating fabulous meals with her at Broadway Proper.

I'm spending a little time each day on Facebook. Friend me on there if you want. I'm on there with my first,maiden, and last names. I'll bet if you search for Janee, I'll be there. And I'm going to make an attempt to keep this up. I have loved this blog -- writing in it, reading your comments, and rereading my posts.

Location : 7723 E Broadway Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85710,

5 comments:

  1. good job on the weight loss. I really need to do that---weight creeps up on us as we age.

    Hope the new digs for Jack work out. Sounds ideal.

    Good to hear from you

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see that you are writing in your blog again. I have missed you.

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janee! Good for you losing that weight. It's difficult as we get older. I'm doing HCG myself, google it if you don't know it, wonderful stuf!!

    I've tried to find your site, but on myjanne.com I keep getting the message that you've moved it, with no reference to the new location. I'd love to see what you have been doing lately, could you please point me in the right direction??

    Thanks for your trouble,
    Guinan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Guinan! My site is myjanee.com. One n and 2 e's! I have not done much on the site lately. I'm on Facebook, though. Feel free to friend me on there. I won't bug you with political stuff or game news. ;)

    I'll google HCG. I know some other people who've done it.

    I'm very happy with my success with just sensible eating and exercise. I think that it was getting to be 55 that spurred me into action. I figured out that this is the only body I get, so... I'm going to take care of it! So I'm basically eating to nourish my body.

    I get treats now and then, but if I've not planned for a treat, then I don't have it. (Thus no cookies at choir rehearsal, unless I planned for them.)

    Little rules like this have been very helpful for my own discipline. I can't easily say, "Do I dig into that bowl of potato chips or not?" and say "no," ... unless I have a rule for it. My rule for that is "I don't eat sticks. I don't eat rocks. I don't eat chips."

    Chips are something that it's just so easy to eat mindlessly, and that's lethal for me. I find that, with my hands greasy from eating the things, I am actually thinking, "I could stop eating these, but then I'd have to wash my hands." LOL. True.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janee!
    I worked it out *blushes*, that was just info, you're still on the same address, LOL.

    I know what you mean about chips.... I'm a carb addict myself, I'll eat rice out of the pan whithout any additions!

    I'd love to friend yu on facebook but I have no idea how to find you. I found a "Janee Comunity", is that you? I'm such a clutz on Facebook! I left a message there, so I hope to hear from you.

    Good luck with the diet!

    Guinan

    ReplyDelete