Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Choco-Date Oaties


Great recipe for delicious and actually not 100% nutritional garbage. Still a treat!

Choco-Date Oaties

6 T butter, melt

Add 3/4 C brown sugar & stir till smooth.

Combine

1/3 c all-purpose flour

1/3 c whole wheat flour

3/4 t baking soda

1.5 c reg oats

1/2 t salt

And combine all.

Add and mix well

1 egg

1 t vanilla

1c chopped pitted dates

5 oz bittersweet chocolate chips (I like Ghirardelli)

Drop by tablespoons-full

onto greased sheet.

Bake at 350 about 12 mins.

Leave on sheet for 10 mins.

I want to try these with coconut and pecans too.

Location : 46, Tucson, AZ 85710,

2 comments:

  1. Good that Jack is on a statin. Too bad about the low fat low sodium diet. I can make beautiful food but the taste is lacking--I think the low sodium is the worst. anyhow was concerned because a co worker had same kind of surgery as Jack---she would not take the warning about the statins and that was a bad outcome for her.
    The cookies I made didn't come out---I think I cooked them too long ---they were very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Janee! Have you taken off for Michigan yet?--looks pretty warm in Tucson. It is very hot in Indiana

    ReplyDelete