Monday, March 11, 2013

Working through the pain


I know that most of my pain is not real -- that it has no real cause and will go away on its own. Fibromyalgia or overactive nerve endings or whatever, I have to just learn to live with variable pain in unpredictable locations.

It does seem that my current pain is real though. It's behind my right ear in that sort of bulging area. It hurts to touch that region, it is not pulsating pain, and it is not accompanied by dizziness, as I'd expect from an inner ear problem.

It started when I was wearing a not-tight headband 8 days ago, went away after a couple of days, and returned just yesterday, with a vengeance, when I was wearing sunglasses which push gently in that region. Last night was difficult and today it has been a challenge to carry on and remain cheerful.

I wish I knew what this was. I wish I could find out without plunking a bunch of cash into the hands of medical people to do tests which would not show anything anyway. Ugh. I miss Michael and his wise counsel. People with assorted random - and sometimes imaginary - pain need doctors living with them. :-)

Location : E Centrepark Dr, Tucson, AZ 85710,

No comments:

Post a Comment