Thursday, June 22, 2006

It's summer!

It's officially summer! And Mother Nature marked the day with big storms for us this evening. Flash-boom lightning, lots of rain, and really dark clouds are all we got though.

We enjoyed our evening with my brother and sister and families yesterday at Gray's in Mooresville. Robert and Molly drove down for a 3-day visit from Minnesota. It was great to see them and to hear about how well everything is going for them. Annette and her family were, as always, lots of energetic fun.

Today the roofers wrapped things up, we paid them, and we have a nice new roof. YAY! As nice as these guys were, it's always good to have our house back to just us. The worst of it was Tuesday, when they were up pounding on it all day long, from 9 am till after 9 pm.

Personel problems ate up much of my day today. The rest of the time I spent working on email, student work comments, and ... I finished my Week 3 lesson for Fix Your Photos with Photoshop. Soon I'll have enough of the class finalized that I can write up a description and post it. My not having it finished or advertised doesn't stop people from signing up for it already. :)

At the gym, they have a closed captioning crawl across the bottom of the screen. I get near the TV with the morning news. There is usually at least one funny error on this crawl during our exercise. Yesterday they tried to tell us the minutes of drive time. For "minutes," they used "mix," "Inmates," and "enemies" in different places.

Today's funny was when they were telling us about how Zocor is going generic. "The generic will be available at your farm sisters," they reported. Hey I know... take your laughs where you can get them though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment