Friday, June 23, 2006

Detached?

Everyone knows how important vision is to me. And so it should come as no surprise how upsetting it was to me to lose a bit of mine today. We were going shopping and, as I got out of the car, it occurred to me that there was a crescent shaped area in my left eye's field of vision that .... wasn't working. It was as if I'd been staring toward a bright light, leaving that part of my vision temporarily blinded.

Well, so we went shopping and came out and it had not changed. I told Michael about it and he suggested that we drive on over to Dr. Howard's -- my optometrist's office. We called and they said to come right over.

After taking a history and doing several tests and taking pictures of my retina, Dr. Howard showed us a portion of my retina where there is a little U-shaped detachment-style defect. It is still early enough that neither she nor her opthamologist consult thought that it needs to be taken care of right away. I'm going to be seen by the opthamologist on Monday.

In the meantime, I'm supposed to continue on as normal and just not get hit in the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment