Thursday, July 20, 2006

Disappearing CF Card!

Last night I was trying to upload my photos that we'd taken on the trip. I poked my CF card into the CF slot, as I've done many many times. And POOF! It disappeared! I looked with a flashlight and I could see it in there... above the slot where the prongs were supposed to catch it. Who knows how this happened? I tried and tried to retrieve it, but there was no wiggle room and I ended up pushing it back beyond the prongs. Ultimately, I heard it clunk into Never Never Land.

We tried taking the computer apart to see if we could find it, but it clunked into an enclosed black box. I'll have our computer guys at PCMax take it apart when we get home.

Other than that, yesterday was a pretty much dumb day. We did our exercise in the pool (We like that!) and then I did some work on the computer, getting some lessons out to some of my Independent Study students.

We went grocery shopping, finding the Martin's Supermarket in Elkhart to be a most accommodating stop! They had everything we needed, and all fresh and delicious. We bought hamburger for the grill, and Michael also enjoyed their Deviled Egg Potato Salad.

We'd also bought a bottle of wine for our neighbors, Nick and Terri, from the Gypsy Journal. They have a satellite internet connection, and we'd been hooking onto their wireless network. We brought them the wine and they most graciously invited us to continue to use their hookup.

We stayed up late, just horsing around with movies on TV and our computer games. I was playing Boggle at my new favorite Boggle site. This was after I was successful in the USA Today Sudoku.

We awoke this morning to a rainy gray day. They're predicting thunderstorms and so it's not going to be a good day for swimming, unfortunately. So we're searching for a gym. Hey.. it's not good for us to do the same thing every day anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Janee,

    Never heard of CF card sliding into no where land like that. When you get the computer guy to look at it should get a new card reader. Do you have another reader on your laptop or something...if not getting one that hooks into a USB slot would hold you over...we all want to see some photos...

    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete