Thursday, December 21, 2006

Hiking around Tucson

We got back here to Tucson on Dec. 1, and that's when my bronchitis started. I am almost over it now, finally, though I do have some days that are better than others. I know; recovery is like that.

Hiking is one thing that we've always enjoyed doing here, and we're doing what we can this year. On Tuesday the 5th, I was too sick to hike.

And on the 12th, Michael was too weak, having just completed a round of chemotherapy. But I went with the Hardy Hikers up to Bridal Wreath Falls. To get there, we parked at the trailhead at the foot of Speedway, east of town. I shot a few pics along the way.



On the 19th was the annual Donut Hike at Saguaro East. We got to the Mica View Picnic Area by hiking most of a mile from the East Broadway trailhead. Upon our arrival, elves had decorated the area in festive fashion, and there were boxes of donuts along with hot coffee for us hikers! What fun!



We've cancelled the Computer Club meeting for tomorrow, so we have some time to loaf.

It's been somewhat chilly here for this past week, with lows below freezing, and highs reaching just about 50. Today will be a bit warmer, about 60. It should be back to normal (68 or so) by Christmas!

I have a new Art Challenge underway! It's for the Holidays, and you can see it from this link. The entries are coming in and they're looking great. I'm happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment