Sunday, April 01, 2007

Random Firings

I've taken LOTS of photos in Tucson, and will strive to get them put into galleries before I die, but, in the meantime, here are a few glimpses through the viewfinder:

On January 21, it snowed! I got these photos the next morning. The mountain shot is looking north to the Catalinas. Aunt Dots was visiting when this rare event occurred. This is the first snowfall IN Tucson since 1978, they said.


On 2/18, the Hardy Hikers went up toward Mt. Kimball on the Finger Rock trail. What a fun day that was! There were outstanding vistas and ... magic beans!


We went to the Grand Canyon with the Hiking Club on 3/11-14. On Monday, a band of us hiked down into the canyon. The first photo came from my hike down. The second is Michael and me outside the lodge where we were singing .. and eating!... with the group.


We're getting set to head out on Tuesday, and are hoping to spend the night in the Navion tomorrow night with the pets for the first time. Before that, though, I'm going to be moving all my important stuff from the big computer into my portable HD and into my laptop. First is the financial stuff. This kind of thing gives me hives, but it makes no sense to bring the big box back to Bloomington this time.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update and the gorgeous photos. You two look GREAT! Safe and fun travels.

    Kathryn & Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sis. Glad you are going to be on your way back. I miss you! You both look so good - AZ has been great to you.

    Be safe and we will be following along on the trip from our computers. Love much, Sis.

    ReplyDelete