Monday, May 28, 2007

a New Computer

I did finally get my new computer out of the box today and have been working on getting used to the new hardware and the VISTA OS. So amazing all the new and exciting bells and whistles. Even the Freecell game is prettier than the old. Everything is a surprise!

I basically hate getting new things, but have inundated myself with newness of late (new phone, new computer, new car, new RV, new DVD players and TV's for the cottage... on and on) and it's kind of daunting to me to have all this new stuff to learn about!

For those of you technophiles, the computer is an HP Pavilion 9000. It has 2GB of RAM, 240GB of HD, and a 17" screen. Oh... and it's a laptop!

Now I'm working on putting my software in. MS Office has been a problem, because it's all installed and wanting a serial number, but none of their directions for getting a serial number are working.

Our Race Day party went well yesterday with Brenda winning the pot for the 2nd year in a row. I think we need some new rules! LOL! The rain held off during the arrivals and departures, and for the food preparations, so that was good. There was a 2-hour or so rain delay, too, so we didn't know till everyone had left who won the pot. But it was still fun with plentiful and delicious food and nice people to share with.

We did miss Matthew, who didn't feel up to making the drive from Florida (and we don't blame him!) and Glenn, Julie, Matt & Julien who didn't want to make the drive from ... HAWAII! We'll hope to see all of you next year though!

1 comment:

  1. Yes there sis. Sorry I didn't make the party...oh wait, I wasn't invited this year! :( I didn't have any grandbabies, either. We didn't do anything all weekend. Oh well, we will see you a week from today for our "family reunion."

    We are looking forward to seeing everyone. I haven't tried the new Window's Vista...you will have to convience me that is what I need. Love you, Sis.

    ReplyDelete