Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A normal day

We enjoyed today. We started out with breakfast and then a workout. I parked by the gym, and while Michael biked, I took Maddy for a walk. Today we went up Washington to 3rd Street, then cut back to 4th and up to the IU campus Old Crescent before heading back to Cardinal Fitness. Michael had just finished his 40-minute workout and met me at the car. This is what we do most days, but I do vary my route.

After our workout, we went to Michael's neurologist, Dr. Way. Michael continues to do well in a clinical sense. That is, everything still works, and his aphasia has not progressed. He does get frustrated when he can't think of things right away, but I tell him that, since he started out really smart, he can afford to lose a bit and he's still really smart. And that's true!

After the appointment, we went to his blood-letting, something that he does every Tuesday. We'll go and get the results of this bloodwork tomorrow.

We stopped at Marsh so I could get some milk. I came out with milk for me and cookies and a caramel chocolate bar for Michael. :)

Back home again, we had lunch and then, as Michael napped, I worked with my new computer, installing ICQ, setting up Quicken for my business, and doing some email.

This evening, we went to O'Charley's so Michael could have their BLT. I had the spinach/artichoke dip with chips. Dinner was delish! Then we hit Office Depot for an upgrade to my MS Office Suite for my new computer. I'll probably install that tomorrow. I know; just do it. I just have to do this stuff gradually!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janee,

    Sounds like you are having fun with your new toys. :) Is your new laptop a replacement for your desktop? Even living full time in a motorhome, I have a desktop and a laptop. The desktop to work on (programmer) and the laptop to take if we go somewhere without the coach. I have been thinking about getting a laptop and a docking station so that I don't have to move everything around.

    Good luck to both you and Michael and have fun.

    BettyB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice summer day in Indiana. No mention of rain. Keep up the blogging. We enjoy hearing about your day. Are you seeing the Utah you are going to see in the fall on our blog?
    bob and claire

    ReplyDelete