Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Time for some success!

Success is a heady thing. Once we've had a taste of it, it's hard to live without a bit of it now and then.

I tend to be a lucky person. I find pennies on the sidewalk, I pick 4-leaf clovers, and I usually see the cat's yack before I step in it. But today, I'm having trouble getting my Adobe CS3 to install on my new computer! This time I'd de-activated the software in Tucson before leaving there and so that's not the problem. I'll have just the 2 active licenses and so that should be cool. I wrote to the Adobe folks and we'll see what they say.

Then there's the Turbo Resonator situation. This is a part in the Sprinter chassis of our li'l Navion which is prone to failure. When it fails, the RV goes into Limp Home Mode, where you can't go over 20 mph and cars behind you honk and stuff. I didn't want to have to go through this hell, so I bought a part that was highly recommended by the online group I belong to at Yahoo Groups. It's called a Turbo Resonator Eliminator.

Well, I wasn't able to get the Eliminator installed on the Navion, but I think I was going about it backwards. Plus I was trying to do it with this tiny wrench and that made loosening the bolts unnecessarily hard. I'm going to get a li'l girl model ratchet set and see if I can't get that thing fixed. I'm not giving up yet.

So.. what's been good? We went to Mooresville ydy and enjoyed a nice dinner with Annette, Steve, Robert & Molly (who came down from MN), and Lisa and Aaron and both of their families. Our ears were ringing when we got out of there, but a good time was enjoyed by all! I'd post a pic but.. uh... I don't have Photoshop, and I'll need PS to get us all into the pic. ;)

We had lunch today at Michael's office, and it was great to see all the folks and to enjoy a great O'Charley's lunch.

We've had a rainy few days with the weather being really pretty unpredictable -- sunny one minute and pouring down rain the next. No big storms yet, though.

2 comments:

  1. Hey sis. Your ears were ringing? Was it from the kids screaming? LOL. They are quite the little beasts, aren't they.

    We had a great time and really were so glad to see you and Michael looking so good. We enjoyed the pie leftovers today, too. Thanks again. ;-)

    Love you both very much. Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Resonator eliminator!? You are brave. We understand that the resonator failure problem was eliminated before ours was manufactured in October of 07. So far so good with us, but we do baby our baby, except when driving on BLM roads and parking with the cows and eagles and coyotes.

    bob and claire

    ReplyDelete