Wednesday, August 22, 2007

We went ydy for the MRI and it did show new tumor growth. While it is in the same hemisphere, it has spread to the temporal lobe as well as frontal. This explains what's been going on, and was not a surprise to me at all.

It does leave us with a big decision to make about continuing treatment (different treatment) or not. We're going to wait a couple of days before making that decision.

The latest is that Michael's blood sugar has gotten very high because of the high doses of steroids that he's been on (and they just raised his dose a bunch). On Monday, it was 571 and on Tuesday, fasting, it was 330 = still too high!

So we went today to an endocrinologist (all these big words I'm learning!) and I learned how to do finger stick glucose testing with this little strip machine. I learned how to give insulin with this cool pen. And I am going to do both of these things again pretty soon, because it's dinnertime!

I am looking into having some home health care, but... am not sure I want to go that route just yet. I'm really doing fine; Michael is mostly loving and not too demanding.

Yes, this whole thing is tough, but yanno .. this is what true love does!

Me? (Hey, now and then, someone asks!) LOL I'm doing ok. I'm continuing my daily walks and playing the piano now daily. Both of us enjoy that. Even the DOG likes that! :) I'm doing lots of laundry, just keeping things clean, and keeping us fed. Speaking of which...

1 comment:

  1. Janee,
    I first came upon your journal as a View owner and have followed it all along. I can identify with what is going on with Michael....my mom had a brain tumor. She, too, had a difficult time communicating..couldn't tell us what she wanted to eat so we made a book of all foods....this was good for awhile. Many times it was difficult not to chuckle at something she said....one time she kept saying "I need a man!" We finally figured out that she wanted a doctor!! God Bless you both!

    ReplyDelete