Thursday, October 11, 2007

Correction

I seem to have been confused (no surprise there!) and got the time wrong for the Memorial Service. It's going to be held at 2pm on Sunday, 21 October in the Wegmiller Auditorium in Bloomington Hospital (Indiana).

I have not been so comfortable the past few days. I'm crying a lot and feeling overwhelmed and frustrated by all that I have to do. My office area is in a horrible, disorganized mess, and the situation seems insurmountable.

I'm also nervous about the Memorial that's coming up in just over a week. I've promised to speak at it, but I get a lump in my throat just thinking about it. I'll see what I can write.

I also have to come up with photos and music for the occasion, and it seems that I need a few months to do all of that. I just hope that everyone there understands just a little bit about what these past months have been for me -- that I really couldn't have worked on this in advance. I worked on this for a couple of hours today, and tagged a bunch of photos. Now getting these into a viewable format... that's another issue.

I have had some successes. Yesterday, I fixed the hinge on the cabinet under the sink. It is the sort of hinge that props the cabinet open, and that was the part that was loose. I had to figure out how it worked, and I did!

When I went out to try to start the Navion today, it just ticked mockingly. In a panic, I went in and asked the Yahoo View/Navion group, and they had the answer: use the Battery Boost rocker switch! I went right out and tried this, and it worked!

Cold and blustery as it was, I went walking, and it wasn't so bad. I often hate walking till I'm out there doing it. Then I nearly always love it.

The beautiful red glass gazing ball that we had in our front yard -- a gift for Michael from his office staff -- took a direct hit from a walnut and broke into a hundred shards. This happened just a few days after Michael died.

4 comments:

  1. Janee,
    You don't have to be perfect. All you have to do is survive these next two or three weeks. The rest will take care of itself.

    As far as the memorial service and your needing to say something, no one expects a sermon on the mount or a we shall overcome speech. I suspect that all will be pleased if you stand up, say you loved Michael, that he was a good and kind man, and that everyone in the audience will retain their own cherished memory of him. Thank them for coming and sit down. Anything else you add will just be a bonus. Michael already knows you loved and cherished him. He doesn't need to hear more than that and that you miss him. That's all.
    Hugs,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janee, of course you feel overwhelmed and sad, but you will get through this. Resolve to buy yourself a new red glass ball sometime, gloat over fixing the door, hire a college student to help you whip your office into shape. And that doggone Navion started up like a champ, after all.

    Your pictures at the memorial will say more than words, so make up a nifty Power Point presentation, take John's suggestion, and, as they say, KISS -- Keep It Simple, Sweetie. Michael was loved by many, and that must give you comfort. You two had something beautiful.

    Love,
    Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((((((((((Janee))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janee,
    Thinking of you, and often wondering where you are. Thanks for the blogs. Looking forward to seeing you soon,
    Hugs,
    Leatha

    ReplyDelete