Sunday, November 18, 2007

Bright sunny Sunday

Another beautiful day in paradise! I began my day with a walk with Maddy over through the neighborhood on the other side of Pantano. It was 50 when i started, and I don't think it warmed up much till I got back!

When I returned, I saw John and we went over to the French bakery right behind us and got some rolls which we enjoyed at my cottage. Then I went over to Delores' to help her and Ardell with a blog question.

Laundry followed. Yes, I know it was an exciting day! :D I wrote a few thank you's for the nice people who gave donations in Michael's memory to the Bloomington Hospital. The hospital really should give those of us who are now handwriting-challenged due to excessive computer use the email addresses of those who gave. If you did give and haven't heard from me yet, just be patient!

I'm flying out of here tomorrow, and I may not be blogging till I return. I haven't decided whether to take my computer.

I've arranged for a sitter for Eddie, and Maddy will be in the care of other neighbors, so my cottage will be well cared-for when I'm gone.

I did make an extensive list today, a habit that I've been cultivating since Michael's passing. And I got most of my packing done, which is good, since I'll be pulling away from here at 8:20 tomorrow morning! (Yikes!)

2 comments:

  1. Janee,
    I've just spent a very enjoyable hour or so catching up with your blog starting from Oct 29. You're so funny, loved the bit about the bossy woman barking instructions at shuffle board (we all know people like that), but I can't forgive you for letting the cat out of the bag about all the jobs men pretend are hard to do, didn't you know that in those huge toolboxes there are only 3 things we ever use-hammer, screwdriver and cell phone to the nearest expert.;)
    Good self portraits, do you reverse the image before posting to cancel the mirror image?
    Would love to send you a present now I have your address . . . but I just can't find a stamp at the moment :)
    I know it's not all fun, fun, fun for you, and you're bound to have sad days, but I'm sure they will gradually ease.
    Hope you have a good trip.

    Mick (Dusty)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely Thanksgiving!

    Keep writing - it was beautiful.
    I also like your favorite picture.

    You'll get used to flying alone. I'll be flying out alone to LA too for Thanksgiving, but I did the solo flying to Bangkok countless times.
    Will be thinking of you.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete