Monday, November 26, 2007

Back home again!

East or west -- Home is best! And my "west" home is where I am now, and it's best!

I just returned from a week in Denver, celebrating Thanksgiving with Michael's family. Becky and I stayed with Joel and Becca, who were magnificent hosts. Becca served her first-ever Thanksgiving feast in their lovely home, with a little help, and it was an eximious feast indeed! My favorite dish was Becca's cranberry jello salad, with celery and walnuts. Mmmm!

Walking in Denver was, as always, a challenge. The temperatures ranged from below 20 to nearly 50, with most days closer to 20. Two of the mornings it snowed, and there was frequently wind. It was tough on this Arizona girl, but I did it.

On a couple of days, Becky and I went shopping, and another day we went and got haircuts. Mine is much shorter -- about 5" shorter -- but cute. I got layers this time, which gave me a bit of bounce and curl. I'll post a photo as soon as I have a good one for you. The one I took in the salon didn't turn out.

I dropped Becky off at the airport this morning, and then went to return my rental car. That is so slick and easy. I told the young woman that there was a funny noise in the back of the car, but she did not seem to care at all.

The Frontier flight was easy. I flew on Cloe the fawn this time. I don't think that I've ever flown on the same animal twice. I took a pic of the wing, as I always do. I'll post that as soon as I get the pic out of the camera.

John picked me up at the airport, and took me to Denny's for a very late breakfast. Eddie was happy to see me, rolled around a few times on the floor, watched carefully as I unpacked and put things away, and then went back to sleep on the back of the couch.

Maddy had been staying with Rob and Ione, and they were not home when I returned, so I had to wait patiently. When they came with her, we were both happy to see each other! They did spoil her (by their own report) by doing things like heating her food, and letting her have a nightlight in her room at night. They also worried when there was some thunder, but they took her into their room and they heard thunder alternating with Maddy's snores!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Sis...glad to hear you are back and that you had a great trip. We did the usual truck stop and that was fun. Steve was hunting, so it was just me with the kids and grandkids...10 of us! Wow...we are getting big.

    Love the story of the cat. Cats are so funny, aren't they?

    I can't wait to see your hair and I am hoping it is still the same color ;) After all, how can we be twins if you dye your hair? LOL

    Work is driving me nuts these days...and I guess it is like this through until the end of January. URGH.

    Are you coming our way for Christmas? Or have you had enough cold weather for a while? It has been about 35 each day here, but dreary. No snow yet.

    I forgot our brother's birthday this year! EEK, not a very good sister! Maybe I can send him two cards next year to make up for it.

    Chat with you later. Love Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Janee,

    Sounds like you had a splendid holiday. Can't wait to see pix of your new 'do. I'm growing out bangs, and I threaten them daily with office scissors.

    Eddy was beside himself to see you! By your description, he was overjoyed.

    Glad you had such a swell time. Now to look up "eximious." Ha.

    Love,
    Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sister Mine,

    Sorry I didn't post yesterday, as I've been too sick from this last chemo to bother with the computer. I'm glad the the animals were glad to see you. They always are, I think. Don't let Maddy get too used to warm food!
    I'm feeling better today, though, and maybe I'll get dressed and go downstairs.

    Your hair is DEFINITELY cuter than mine.

    Love you,
    Me

    ReplyDelete