Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Got out the RV

Today I had an appointment for my little Navion to get her oil changed. I got up early, because my neighbors were all going to Nogales and they had offered to help me squeeze the RV out of her little hidey hole before they left. It started on the first pull, and I got it out of her hole without any problem at all. I am serious when I say that there are only about 6" on either side when I pull her through the narrow part of the driveway. Thank goodness I have friends here! :D

I drove it to La Mesa and Javier helped me out right away, even though I was over an hour early. Over $140 for an oil change, but I guess the thing has lots of oil.

After I was done with that, I took her out on the highway just for some exercise. I went northwest on I-10 to Picacho Peak State Park. Looking up at that magnificent peak again brought back all those memories... of last spring's hike up there! Man, was that quite the thing. I wonder if I'll be better this year, since I've been taking steps 2 at a time!? Just for a little "blast from the past," here are my pics from Picacho Peak this past spring. :)

I drove back to town and returned to La Mesa -- for the free lunch! Every day they serve the best hotdogs and hamburgers ever, chips, and soft drinks. Michael and I used to go have lunch with them about once a week. I have been just twice so far this season. ;) I also get free hugs from the salespeople. Today it was Rich.

I awoke this morning with an inspiration for my little patio project, and I think that it's going to be really good. I'm planning now to return the landscaping fabric that I bought, and hire a concrete person to form up and finish a concrete patio with walls around it. Then I'll finish the walls and patio with tile!

I had gone to Home Depot yesterday and just test-lifted some pavers. Urgh. I'd come out of that project with huge muscles, and I just don't think I'd look good with huge muscles. "Besides, which do I have more of," I ask myself, "Money? or strength?" :) Much easier to write a check than install heavy pavers, ribar, concrete blocks, etc.. Tomorrow I'll make that call.

Al and Donna came back yesterday, and they came to visit today! YAY! They've been great friends to both Michael and me, and the place seemed incomplete without them here.

I love your comments in my blog! Annette, I called Robert and he told me to tell you that you're OUT of the family. (not really)

Lynell, LOL re the office scissors! Put on a headband to pull the mess out of your eyes. That'll save your sanity and doesn't look all THAT stupid.

Oh, and everyone, Becky's hair is VERY cute. I just forgot to mention that. I was too busy thinking about how cute MINE is! LOL! I know that no one will believe me unless I post a pic, which I'll do... soon! :P


2 comments:

  1. Hi Sister Mine,

    It sounds like you had a GREAT day! I wish I were there. Maybe when this is all over, I'll come for a visit. I love free hamburgers and hotdogs.

    I haven't looked at the pictures you posted yet, but I'll do that when I post this.

    I assume you got the Navion back into her "hole".

    The plans for the patio sound great. You'll need to post pics of it when you get done.

    Love you,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janee, this is just a test to see if I can really leave a comment.

    Your friend,

    John

    ReplyDelete