Friday, November 30, 2007

And the Rains Came!

Pitter patter! It's POURED for this whole evening, after moderate rains all day today and yesterday. And while I KNOW that it's good for the water table and the cactus will bloom better in the spring for having had this water, the rain still makes me whine.

So.. today. I began the day with my walk on the rim of the Pantano Wash, which might actually be flowing by now. While the sky was gray and roiling, I kept dry.

Next was the Computer Club meeting, and that was fine. The hour passed quickly and we learned some interesting lessons.

I went to the office to ask permission to build the little walled patio, and the request has been taken to the top for consideration. This will surely be okayed, because the construction will be good and will add value to the lot and the park.

They are also considering whether it is OK for me to have my little RV sitting on my lot. I think that, as long as I'm not using the RV for a living space, it's no more than a storage shed, and those are allowed. There is a rule against having plumbing in a shed, but many of the people have fully plumbed sheds. And many people use their sheds as living spaces, too, having converted them to offices, workshops, TV rooms, or guest quarters.

Once I get that okayed, I'm going to go on and have the pad that she sits on concreted too. I got an estimate today for all of that concrete work, and they'll be ready to go on it as soon as I get the okay. Yay!

I went to lunch with George and JoAnn, and that was fun. I can't remember the name of the place we went, but it starts with a Z, is a Mexican place, and is on Broadway. I want to say "Zelig," but that's a Woody Allen movie.

I was going to do laundry today, but I decided not to, because a) it was raining, and b) Marla was doing her laundry. LOL!

Instead, John and I went looking for GPS units. I am looking now at the Magellan Maestro 4250 and the Garmin 750, but i have not actually seen the Garmin. Both Best Buy and Circuit City have GPS's, but they seem pretty pricey compared to the internet sources. While i've been a Garmin Girl for a long time now, I am really looking at that Magellan. Urgh.. I wish I had a good answer for this. I may end up not making a decision right away, which would mean that I won't be selling my 350 just yet, either. I have to decide soon whether to do that or not, though.

Thing is, I've had the 350 for just 8 months, and it's doing just fine. I would get $250 for it if I sold it, but the new 350's (same as mine) are still selling for $449 (at Best Buy and Circuit City).

When the buying decisions get too complex, it's time for... El Paso BBQ! John and I enjoyed a delicious repast of ribs, bbq chicken, and bbq beef brisket along with mashed potatoes and cowboy beans. Mmmm.. mmm!

So.. another day of nothing to do and all day to do it, and it's done!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sister Mine,

    It sounds great to have nothing to do and all day to do it in and feel good at the same time.

    You're right, the rains are good for alot of things including the cactus.

    I can't imagine the park would nix all the good stuff you have planned to make the lot better.

    I am really hungry for BBQ, so I think George is going to do ribs tonight before the rains come here.

    Have a great tomorrow, and I'll talk to you soon.

    Love,

    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, sis. You keep eating like you are and you will be as big as your "little" sister! HA HA. NOT.

    I am still waiting for those pictures of your new hair. I want to see pictures of your projects as they develop, too. They sound like it will really be great. You always have good ideas.

    I have had a terrible cold for almost 2 weeks now. Lots of coughing. I got some meds a couple of days ago and finally starting to get better. I didn't miss any work because of it, but should have. Seems the older I get, the longer these sorts of things hang on when I do get them.

    All the kids are good and Steve is good. I'm thinking about putting up the X-Mas tree today...but might wait until tomorrow and just take a nap today! :) It is supposed to snow/sleet/rain today here and that is depressing.

    Get those pictures loaded on here. Chat with you later. Love you, Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janee!
    Speaking of GPS. Check out www.geocaching.com
    The first I've heard of this sport was 2 years ago when a friend came up from Oklahoma and helped her Sister-in-law set up a hunt.
    All I know is it's like a high-tech treasure hunt. :D
    You can find the History of Geocaching here: www.geocaching.com/about/history.aspx

    You may have heard of this before and if not and you get addicted, it's paybacks for getting me addicted to Photoshop! :D

    ReplyDelete