Saturday, December 01, 2007

Rainbows!

I'm doing this in a color reminiscent of rainwater, because it's still raining! For a few hours this afternoon, it was raining while the sun shone, and that means ... rainbows! There were several today, resplendent, very clear rainbows. Sometimes one would stretch all the way across the sky! Did I take any photos? No, because it was raining!

I'm waiting for the perfect occasion to take a pic of my haircut, which is pretty stupid, because it is growing out, as I think about it. I have to find someone to take the picture, too.

I want one of those round styling brushes so that I can blow-dry my hair and make it look sassy for the photo. I'm not sure why I don't have one of those brushes. In this climate (except when it's raining), my hair dries by the time I'm dressed, so I don't use a dryer unless I'm doing something fancy like styling my hair. I think that this is the most I've ever written about my hair.

Thank you, Andrew, for the idea for retitling my blog. Since I'm writing every day, it seems fitting! :)

Today I slept in, to my dismay. I was dismayed because, while I was outside taking Maddy out, still in my jammies and robe at 9am, Margaret and Lew drove up, wanting to take me to Beyond Bread for breakfast! I was not allowed to go in my jammies, darn it! So it was granola and skim milk, which was delicious, but not quite the same as a scrumptious morning feast with my friends.

I did make it (on time) to a meeting of a grief support group held locally. It's for widows and widowers, and they have an excellent facilitator. We discussed the holidays and strategies to cope. The people were all lots of fun and I enjoyed the time. Afterwards, we went to a Mexican restaurant, Casa Molina, for a very good lunch.

I came back here and read more in my book "Woman in Levi's." It's a story by a woman, Eulalia Bourne, who set up a small cattle ranch very near where I'm living. It gives a really good look at the hardships and joys she experienced. I am particularly interested in the stories about the plants, animals, and weather phenomena. This is a different world indeed, and it's fun to learn about it while I'm living here.

And I worked more on my site plan for my projects. I have to turn that in to JoAnn to get the whole thing approved. I am really hoping for a positive response to all of it!

I walked late this afternoon, when the rain finally let up. There was still a lovely rainbow decorating the sky for me! I walked around the little adobe neighborhood behind the Village. The houses are all identical, excepting the colors of the paint on the adobe, and the plantings outside.

At one point, I was swinging my arms as normal, and got too close to a huge agave plant. There are no friendly desert plants, and the agave is no exception. And yes my hand did bleed, thanks to my aspirin regimen! At least I didn't get into a cholla!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Janee,

    Your blogs are always such a hoot, and your ability to write well never seems to fail you. However, I'm a bit concerned about your lack of regard for desert plant life. Those things are LETHAL! Look out! Take Band-Aids with you or wear protective armor.

    Ever thought about buying a round blow dryer? Yessum. It's an electrified sticklike thing with bristles to grab your hair, and holes for which the air to blow through. Best invention ever. It's how I convince my stick-straight hair to turn under. Wait till your hair is almost dry, then spend 90 seconds with this thing. You will proclaim me your official beauty advisor. I bought mine at Sally's, where my natural color also comes from.

    Love,
    Lynell

    ReplyDelete