Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Foto Fun First

Today was warm, but cloudy. Our high was 67, but there was little wind. It was a perfect day for a photo shoot, and that's what I did. Today was our first group photo shoot with our Foto Fun club! We went to a nearby ranch, where we got to photograph horses, steers being roped, fences, and lots of other things. It was a fun day! I haven't looked at my pics yet, but I'll be posting some soon!

This evening, I went to a bicycling safety class with 5 of my Village buds. I learned a lot. There is a 2nd part to the class on Saturday, and we will be actually riding our bikes in traffic. This makes me nervous, but, when we get done, we get a bunch of cool free bike accessories, including a helmet, lights, pump, a bike lock, and a water bottle. The class is free, and we even get free lunch on Saturday!

I still have not gotten myself a new bike. I have an old beater that George (park manager's husband and a friend of mine) gave me. In the class tonight, we learned about how to be sure that our bike fits us properly, so that'll help me when I go shopping.

3 comments:

  1. The bicycle safety class would be fun. Wish i was there to help you shop for a new bike as that would be a blast too. 67?? im jealous. This morning it was 20 degrees below zero at 6 30am. Its warm now as it warmed up to 1 degree!! LOL
    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy does the photo thing sound fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janee, how are you doing? Have been hoping you would find the inspiration to carry on with your wonderful challenges. You had, and probably still have, some faithful friends on the board who tried to keep it ticking over while you were going through all your trials. I know people like Dotcom, Joanne, Carol, Bonnie, Nian, Jorgey all rallied round to try and retain interest in the site for you. You built up a great bunch of friendly people.

    I got an email from one or two of them asking if I could help out with ideas of things for people to do and they did think of some ongoing challenges on gmail but you were missed.

    Anyway, please don't forget your fans and I hope you won't forget your teaching and photoshop skills.

    Meanwhile, I hope you are managing to pick up the threads of your life again. Sounds like it.
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete