Monday, January 21, 2008

Busy Day!

Sunday was a good day -- a football playoff day, when the teams for the Superbowl were decided: Patriots and Rangers. So the Patriots get to play with a Manning, but... the wrong one! :(

I watched the games with Gary, Jan, and EL Nash. Pete dropped by, and so did Janet and Jack. Gary and Jan fixed a delightful salmon dinner and a good time was had by all.

I enjoyed my day today! It began with my sleeping in a bit. By the time I was done in the bathroom and getting dressed, and having breakfast, it was 10:00. I know that's bad, but hey... I don't really care, either.

I'm actually a little bit more organized than I was. Now I have a calendar that I keep on my fridge. I post things there, and then, at the end of each day, I check the calendar to see what I missed!

As soon as I got the blinds open, Jack was here to talk a bit more about the deck. He's getting set to get the materials. I think that we're going to get going on it this weekend. Getting us retired people to get any actual work done is sort of a job in itself!

Ione came over to go over some FotoFun Club ideas, and to see if I wanted to go to a movie later. Sure!

John and I went to American Home on a futile lamp-hunt, and I got home in time to get ready to go to the show with Ione. We saw Juno -- a great movie! We really both loved Ellen Page (Juno) with her flip but philosophical attitude.

After that, more lamp-looking with John. We found two this time, at Target. Dinner at In-and-Out Burgers and back in time to go to my ballroom dance lesson with Richard. It was fun, but I caught myself watching other couples and tonight I missed dancing with Michael.

I saw Jack, discussed tomorrow's hike, and we determined that I would drive and make the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

And then Tom came over just to say hi. It had been my first visit with him for a week, and it was fun to reconnect.

There are several Photoshop questions in my Inbox today, and I'm not answering them right away. I need a breather from that.

Kathryn, you asked if I still play the piano. I play at home, and I have another keyboard at home, which I bought to play with on the road. I had it all packed and ready to bring, but I decided at the last minute to leave it behind. duh. I miss it. I did bring my ocarina, though, and I've played it a couple of times. I've gotten very rusty on it!

4 comments:

  1. Hey sis. Got up to an inch and a half of new snow and blowing like crazy. It is a little warmer...up to 30 today! LOL

    I hate to hear you are not playing the keyboard. You are so talented and I have always been jealous of your ability on the piano. Maybe you can get a piano in that dance studio and play for people while they dance.

    I know you miss Michael, but I am sure he is dancing with you all the time ;)

    Nothing much going on here - same 'ol same 'ol.

    Love you. Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly and I also got new snow. Its warmer today. in the single numbers. Was below zero for four or five days as you complained about being cold in Arizona!! I laughed!. Someday im going hiking with you. Robert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Janee! Can only hope that Eli avenges his brother's loss and get's a Super Bowl ring for the Giants. At least I'll have a team to cheer for in the SB.

    And a bonus....Dungee is coming back to coach the Colts at least for one more year.
    ~Jim~

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmm...it's the NY Giants and the Patriots sweetie...NY Rangers play hockey lol...couldn't let that pass being from NY.

    ReplyDelete