Saturday, January 19, 2008

Party Time!

I baked yesterday for the first time in awhile. I made a chocolate-pecan-orange torte, similar to the one that I used to make for my bakery. Today I enrobed it in chocolate-Grand Marnier ganache, and it was lovely.

I went walking with Maddy in the wash, and Dave wasn't answering the phone, so I called Becky! It was great to talk, since it had been awhile. The walk was a little chilly, but ... LOL not compared to back east! (I just checked, and it's 8° back in Bloomington! brrrrr! I guess I'll stop complaining about the cold here!)

So, by the time I went to Ione and Rob's for their party at 1, it had warmed up, probably into the 60's. We were in the sun, too, and it was lovely, food delicious, the people amiable, and the music great. Rob, Harold, Pete, Lloyd, and Neil played, and we all played percussion (tambourines, wood blocks, and eggs filled with sand!), and sang. I really should take my camera to one of our parties so you all can see (if not experience firsthand) the fun I am having.

Oh, and everyone loved my torte! :) It felt good to be back in the baking saddle again.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sister Mine,
    It was great talking to you, too. I've been thinking about you, but you seemed to be so busy I didn't want to interfere.

    I also haven't been doing much about the computer, as I've just not felt like it. Oh, I check the email but only answer to the ones I have to, and the rest are either deleted or kept until "later" whenever that is.

    I think I've had that cake some time ago when you had the bakery. As I recall, it was great, and I am envious of those who had it yesterday.

    The weather here is in the single digits, although by now it might be 10 or 12 degrees - a "hot" spell.

    I haven't looked at your blog in some time until now, so I'll have many days to go through. That will give me something to do when I am procrastinating about packing. I'm not allowed to go home just yet, but it never hurts to be prepared.

    Maybe, once I get home and know what my travel schedule is, I'll plan a long weekend in AZ and meet some of the friends you mention.

    I'll call soon,

    Love,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Janee, that torte sounds SOOOO good! And I can picture you in the percussion section, having a wonderful time. Do you ever play the piano any more? Dan still plays some here in Bloomington. We don't have room for a piano in Florida, so we bought a keyboard for him to play down there.

    Yes, we are back in COLD Bloomington. We just got home Friday night and already have checked two things off our list of things to do while we are here, namely Dan's eye appointment, and one basketball game. I have my appointment with the cardiologist on Wednesday and am hoping for a good report there.

    By the way, I hope you get to go on that Alaskan cruise. You would love it!

    Love, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete