Thursday, January 17, 2008

Beautiful Day

Last evening, I went out with Jan, Gary, and E.L.. These are the folks who are considering taking me along on their Alaskan cruise. E.L. has already asked another lady, though, so I'd say that my chances are not great at this point. Anyway, it was really a fun evening with lots of laughs and great food. We went to a Japanese restaurant where they cooked the food on a griddle right in front of us. I believe that the place is called Sakura.

Today I got up early (for me) and did my laundry. Ardell was there, and we enjoyed good conversation while our clothes went 'round and 'round.

After putting my clothes away, I went for my walk, taking Maddy to the Pantano River Park. It was a little chilly today, with the high getting only into the mid-50's, and a bit windy. It was sunny, though, so it was quite bearable.

I did some email and checked the goings-on in MySpace. I'm having fun with that, even though some of my "friends" look like police composites! Yeah, Annette, I have a couple of Greg friends. One is Greg from Chicago. He's currently #4 in my Friends listing. The other who's been writing back and forth with me lately is Gregor, and he's um... hmm... somehow he's not in my top friends, but he should be.

Jim, who wrote a comment here, is one MySpace guy that I write to pretty regularly. He is in Carmel, is killer handsome, and seems like a very nice guy! We're going to get together for a Handel's when I get back, but he doesn't know that yet. Jim, if you're reading this , now you know. And I'm thanking you for your generous compliments of my photos!

And then there's Dave, who's my #1 friend. He's *the* Dave, you know, from Massachusetts -- the one who's coming to Tucson on 3/2 to visit me! :)

I just looked through some of my MySpace friends' profiles and ... LOL I'm not in the top friends for most of my top friends. The goofy thing about the whole MySpace scene is that you sort of just trust that people are as they seem. And you have to know that some of the people who say that they're single aren't, and some who are single, aren't in a position to date... like me! I know that I'm going to get there, and I'm up front about that, of course, but you wonder who really isn't what they seem.

And it seems like such a rat race! The women seem so desperate and I am so NOT desperate. I just know that, when I'm ready to date, I'll be as busy as I want to be. I know that I want to be with someone -- I like being in a good marriage -- but I also like being by myself, and I know that I'm worthy of someone who's fantastic, self-sufficient, and sure of himself.

FotoFun met today at 4, led by Ione and me. We discussed upcoming photo shoots and meetings, setting the agenda for the rest of the season, leaving just a few blanks. Our first photo shoot is next Wednesday!

You may wonder what happened to my outdoor projects, and ... they're progressing! Jack and I are going to be building my deck, and we've been scouting prices of materials and tools at the home improvement stores. He's going to make a materials list tomorrow.

No, you don't have to worry about my hurting feelings or having to find all new friends! LOL and I couldn't think of anything to say about you, Annette, that you wouldn't like. You're a sweetie! It runs in our family! :)

I wasn't thinking about talking about people in a negative way at all. I was talking sort of vaguely about telling secrets about myself and fantasies and crushes... that sort of thing. ;)

Thank you all for the great compliments on my pics! I think that I could probably get something published in AZ Highways if I really tried, Kath! :P And Kath, I don't know if I'll be getting back into doing those things that used to sustain me. I've just had to shift gears during the past year, and... I'm not sure why my focus has changed so dramatically, to be honest. I've done a bit of photography and Photoshop, but I'm not feeling the energy in that direction, as I used to.

I'm watching HGTV tonight. I love HGTV. :)

2 comments:

  1. Jsnee, David says to stay clear of HGTV unless you want to get involved in projects.

    Sounds like you are living an incredible life, and good for you I say.

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be "Janee," not "Jsnee," but you probably figured that out.

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete