Monday, January 14, 2008

Hiking photos finally

What a pretty day today was! It started with my running a couple of errands with my friend Jack. We went to look at a bike and then got some shelving that he's putting into their cottage.

I did my walk in the Pantano River Park, and it was really windy, but not horrible. It was too warm for a jacket, but I did fine in my lightweight sweater.

After I got back, John came over and I asked if he'd gone for his walk yet. He expressed a bit of boredom with walking around the park, so I asked him if he'd like to go on a bit of a hike. We went over to Saguaro East, to the end of Speedway, and did a piece of the Douglas Springs Trail and Garwood Trail too. 30 minutes and we were back at the car. It was the first time he'd been to Saguaro East.. and gotten out of the car, so it was fun for both of us.

I got my mail (thank you Suzanne!) was happy to find a check for an insurance overpayment, and was dismayed to find yet another bill for the MRI from Yale. I do so wish that the insurance company would get their heads out of their butts and get that thing taken care of for me. I wonder how I get that done. I've called them a bunch of times, called the doctor who said that they had gotten it precerted, I even got a thing from the insurance who said that they had approved the charge. And then I get another bill. Sheesh. I'd just pay it to shut 'em up, except that it's $3000!

For dinner, I'd asked Pam, Mike, and Tom to go out to Red Lobster. But Pam was off hiking and Mike was going to wait for her, so Tom and I went. :) We enjoyed a delicious meal, splendid service, and fascinating repartee.

I barely made it on time for my ballroom dance class at 7. Tonight we did more Foxtrot and Swing, punctuated by turns and the Grapevine step. I was partnered with Richard, who lives across the street, and it was fun.

A bit of email and here I am!

Oh... and I promised that I'd post photos from the hike on Saturday. Here are the photos from the hike to Milegraso (or wherever we were):

Hikers:







Waterfalls:





Reflections of cacti:


Neat canyon formations:










We ate lunch on the top of this hill:

Leftovers from a Javelina's lunch:

Desert plants, including an ocatillo with leaves and flowers:




Shadow shots:


3 comments:

  1. Hi Janee
    Wonderful shots of a beautiful landscape. Well done. I particularly like the waterfall shots.
    Take care.
    xx
    Michael Shakespeare
    London
    England

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you asked for it..........At least your shadows looking good :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I'm late! Great pics and what a interesting place to walk thru!!!....I doubt I'd get very far, taking pictures of this and that. hears like life is going well for you! That makes me happy :o)

    Alha,
    Heidi Lisa

    ReplyDelete