Friday, February 01, 2008

Ranch photos

Last week, the Foto Fun Club went on a photo shoot to La Rienda Ranch. Yesterday, the members shared their favorite photos -- about 100 in all -- at our meeting. What fun! Here are the photos that I chose to share:

An interesting sky
Karin
Catalina Mountains
Jack, the Horse Whisperer
Pretty Red Horse
Fence

Backhoe
Hoses

I know that I have an odd sense of what's cool, perhaps, but I do have fun with my shot selection! These photos are unedited.

The deck is progressing and looking great. Jack (the same Jack as in the horse photo above) is a real craftsman -- very meticulous and accepts nothing but perfection. I'm expecting that we'll be done with the deck by Valentine's Day ... just a guess.

I'm working on getting to bed at a reasonable hour, and it's been a challenge. Last night I was in bed by 11, and tonight... it'll be after 11. :/ Anyway.. my goal is 10 pm to bed and 6 am to get up, particularly now that it's starting to get light earlier in the morning.

I'm feeling good, having lots of fun, and staying very busy. I'm going to be in the play with a small speaking role and singing in 4 different songs. I'm involved in the Computer Club, am Co-Chair of the Foto Fun Club, and I'm active in the Hiking Club. I'm going to be modeling in the Fashion Show this month. And, of course, I go to any party to which I'm invited. :D

On Sunday, I'm going to be meeting one of my MySpace friends -- Eric -- no.. not Eric Clapton! LOL! We're going to go to the Desert Museum, so if I come up missing, be sure that the CSI folks go after him! Seriously, he's a photographer and seems like a lot of fun. I'll let you know if my perceptions are accurate. ;)

8 comments:

  1. Now is jack a horse whisperer, or is the horse a jack whisperer ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sis. Love the picture of Jack and the horse! I like many of your photos, so I guess I am warped too. LOL.

    Steve and I have been painting our kitchen. I had to paint primer first and then I decided to paint stripes with 4 different colors. Oh my...above and below cabinets...what a pain and what was I thinking. I like it though! It has taken a full week so far and we have about 2 or 3 more days to go. We paint, then you have to wait until that dries to paint the next one. Lots of taping, measuring, etc., too.

    Yesterday we had the typical Indiana weather...the weather man put on a winter storm warning, said we would get 6-10" of snow and some ice. Well, to say the least, the store was loaded with people getting all the bread and stuff. Then we wake up and less than 1" of snow, a little ice, and that was it. If I did my job like the weather man does, I would have been fired long ago. Why is that?

    So now we have enough bread and milk (which we don't even drink) to last for 2 weeks! LOL.

    I am doing laundry today (it is taking over the house), so I know what you mean. It just seems to grow and grow. I didn't know we had that many clothes.

    Take care and be careful with your MySpace friends...I worry. ;)

    Love you, Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sister Mine,

    I love the pictures! I don't see anything wrong with taking pics of things that interest you. I particularly like the one of the sky that looks like rain.

    We had three tornados and four or six touchdowns near this house. You should see the trees down with their roots up in the air. Some hit houses in the park just down the hill from George's. I should take pics of the destruction. Outback Steak House on Shelbyville Road lost its roof as did the VFW Post on that street. There were chunks of cement on Shelbyville Road as well.

    We lost power for more than 24 hours, and with the temps at single digits, Angie and I stayed with Barb and Fred. George was out of town that day, but he was home for the storm and hustled us down the basement when he heard limbs fall all around us.

    I'm going home for a week on Tuesday, but then I'll be back. I don't know what is being planned for the next few months as far as treatments.

    I Agree with nana net, BE CAREFUL OF THOSE "MY SPACE" CHARACTERS! They tend to be KOOKS. Maybe you should take one of your friends with you on that photo shoot for safety. I WORRY!!!

    Love,

    Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots, Janee! I got a new camera for Christmas. So I'm currently searching for photography classes.

    You are indeed having a blast. Good for you. I always look forward to reading your blogs and viewing your pics. Take care.

    PSN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going to the Desert museum on Super Bowl Sunday!!! For shame. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you've been busy! I really like the fence picture...I've always been one for line ups.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did that backhoe dig up a giant eyeball?

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOve the Stormy pics!



    Love,
    'Kath

    ReplyDelete