Monday, February 04, 2008

Happy Weekend

I had a fun weekend! Jack and I went to buy more wood for the deck, and went all over town looking for the perfect-sized bolts to attach the seat brackets. They were not to be found, so he ended up notching the 4x4's a bit. He got the benches mostly done while I was out galavanting around the Desert Museum.

I went to the Desert Museum with Eric, a friend from MySpace. We had a really nice time, took lots of photos (which I have not looked at yet; the camera's in the car and it's raining this morning), had a good lunch, quizzed each other on the desert flora and fauna, and saw javelinas! It's always a good day when I see a javelina. :)

Ah! There's a break in the clouds. I'm going to go for my walk. C'mon, Maddy!

Ok, walk was good, though it was starting to sprinkle when I returned. Jack was here and was disappointed that we were not going to be able to make progress on the deck, with the rain, which, by the time he'd finished his sentence, had begun falling harder. And, to make matters worse, along with the rain, came a precipitous drop in temperature, leaving it at only 40° now! It's 50 right now in Bloomington! Yikes!

Today in an hour, I'm going to be rehearsing one of the songs for the play, so I'll have to actually go OUT in the rain. Ewww.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sister Mine,

    Am I glad to read your posting! I looked earlier, and was nervous that you hadn't written anything. You know me, I'm just a nervous Nellie, and I'm also rather paranoid.

    The weather here is supposed to go into the 50's, but they are expecting severe weather tonight and tomorrow.

    My blood work wasn't wonderful today, but Geo. is going to allow me to go home! YEA!!! I'll be back next week, though.

    When you get the patio finished, post a pic. With all you've done I'm anxious to see it.

    I'm not taking my 'puter home with me, so I may not be on line for awhile.

    Love you,

    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be 50, but the inbound water level is really annoying here in Bloomington. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janee!
    Just a quick note to caution you about scaring the javalinas with your vocal rehearsing ;-) Ok, I was kidding, of course. A bit of rain brought a nice break from the chill of winter in Indiana. It was nice to walk outside with out a winter garment on today. Back into winter later this week.

    Hit those high notes!
    ~Jim~

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is 60 today, but you could get a full wash just walking to your car here in Bloomington.

    ReplyDelete