Friday, February 08, 2008

Good Day Friday

Today was a fine day. It started out cool, and I wore my little J.Jill jacket c/ vest with my little red gloves (thank you Suzanne!) when I rode my bike to Computer Club this morning. I did the program for the meeting, talking to the folks a bit about Control Panel settings. I talked about a few of my favorite tips:

1) Under Mouse > Pointer Settings, I like having a bit of a trail on my pointer to make it easier to see.
2) Same place, I like to have the "Show location of pointer when I press the Ctrl key" checked.
3) Under Accessibility Options, I like to have Toggle Keys checked. This gives a tone when Capslock, Numlock or Scrolllock are pressed. Another tone tells you that the key has been turned off. Handy!

I talked about other things, and we made sure that everyone found these things on their own computers.

Next was play practice, which went well. Jack (director) had us all in stitches, without even trying. He's a very funny guy.

Deck construction consumed much of my afternoon, and it was good. The benches are now done, with their neat backs. I'll take photos tomorrow, I promise!

I talked to Dave while I walked, and that was fun too.

This evening, I got caught up looking at Stereograms. There are several sites with fine Stereogram artwork, but this one by Gene Levine is really stunning! Check it out if you like eye games!

5 comments:

  1. oh oh! Repeating blog! Either Janee entered a time paradox, or she's becoming senile. (grin)
    ~Jim~

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the info from your computer class; I used it on my computer. I'm from the spouse BT website--I am about a year ahead of you. Sounds like you are doing well; so fun to read your blogs

    karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Jim! Thanks for the heads-up! I may never have noticed. I've deleted the duplicate posting!

    Karen, it's good to see you again! I'm glad you're enjoying my blog. I feel like I'm doing well, though some days are really a challenge. Sometimes I find myself doing things that Michael didn't think that I could do, and I sort of say "neener neener" to him. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. See.......I knew you could still teach.

    Hehehehehehehehe!


    love,
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  5. just want to make sure you are ok

    karen

    ReplyDelete