Thursday, February 07, 2008

Gone out with a Feller

Tonight I had a sort of a date, I suppose. This was with Matt, a gentleman from Casa Grande. While I had not met him before, except on the internet, I played it safe, driving my car, and not showing him where I lived till I had a pretty good idea that he wasn't a serial killer.

We went to Romano's Macaroni Grill. The food was delicious, the conversation great, and I'd say that a good time was had by all. The first thing he said to me, when we first met, was that I was even cuter than my photo. Of course ... I believed him! ;)

After dinner, I showed him my cottage, patio, and deck. He is into construction (flip-this-house kinds of projects) and so he was interested in the deck and was very impressed with it!

Yesterday was fun too! The Foto Fun club went on a Photo Shoot to the Reid Park Zoo! Jack and I hung together, shooting pics of otters, polar bears, anteaters... and many other exciting creatures. I hope that some of the ones I took turn out ok. I have not looked at them yet. ... blush...

I've recovered nicely from the altitude/dehydration problem that I had on Tuesday. You're very right, Deci and Kath, that I wouldn't have had that problem if I were nestled into my computer chair doing Pen Tool classes. But I wouldn't have that "Climb Every Mountain" feeling of success, either, and that's very good for me right now. :)

The deck is coming along great. After going to Lowe's for a new orbital sander, we spent part of today working on the benches. It's really quite a neat deck and I'm just tickled by it. I'll see about getting some photos in here pretty soon.

The play is coming along too. I have a small speaking role, and I'm singing in several of the songs. Lots of fun!

And... I've been better at getting to bed at a reasonable time. Tonight will be my first after-11 bedtime in probably a week.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the "sort of date". Its great your getting back out there lol. Not that you havent been already with all your many activities. There is something to be said for going to bed by ten and getting up at between 6 and 7am. If I sleep till 8 I feel really guilty about it. Since your so into photography there is no exscuse for not having pics of your deck already on your blog lol.
    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear. Just make sure you find someone worthy of you.

    ReplyDelete