Thursday, February 14, 2008

Some Fun!

Today Jack and I took a break from deck work so that we could do other things. I spent the day doing unpleasant things, mostly. I began by doing laundry -- 5 loads.. sheesh. I should really be doing it every week, instead of letting it pile up so.

Then I assembled and actually sent all my papers off to my tax accountant today! I was so happy and proud of myself for finally doing that. I just hope that he can make sense of it all; it's sort of a mess, compared to what Michael always did. I sent it all in a flat rate box, priority mail, from the Post Office, return receipt requested. Michael woulda been proud.

Then I went and bought shoes to wear for the fashion show, in which I'm taking part as a model tomorrow. (Most women love buying shoes, but me? errr... no, not my favorite thing!) I'm going to be wearing 3 outfits and I had to get shoes for one of them. I got another pair of shoes too, which are dancing shoes. Hey.. there's a dinner/dance here on the 29th, and I have tickets! No date, yet!

I had some fun, too, of course. There was a meeting of the Foto Fun club, at which we had speakers from Jones Photo, who told us about using settings other than auto on our cameras, and it was very good.

And then Jack and Kathy invited me over for dinner -- delicious vegetable beef soup, salad, bread... mmm! :) John and I went out for ice cream at Coldstone and that was fun. I just got home a bit ago.

I missed Michael fiercely today. I had some tears, which are not coming as frequently as before (maybe once a week), and I got to tell my neighbor Neil's brother Phil about how he and I (his wife died too) are the lucky ones, because we made it "till death do us part" and our spouses died loving us. That always gives me a smile to share that sentiment. I told him that it doesn't get any better than that, and really... while it DOES suck that Michael died so young, we really were very blessed to have so many great years, so much fun, and such a love that we shared. He was a great guy. You, my faithful reader, know that, of course. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Coldstone creamery? YUM!! When Molly and I got done with my eye appointment in Rochester we went to coldstone creamery. very tasty indeed.If you dont let your laundry pile up its not so much work, Its actually easy then. Buying shoes is a pain. Im a man with boys size feet! lol!

    ReplyDelete