Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Fashion Show

The Far Horizons Fashion Show for Spring 2008 was held yesterday. I had been chosen to be a model, and had gone for my clothes fitting a couple of weeks ago. The models all got to eat the same luncheon enjoyed by all the other ladies -- delicious chicken salad (with nuts and grapes) on a lettuce leaf and a lemon-topped tarte. It was delish!

Then we were taken back to the changing area, where our coordinated outfits hung. They told us what to put on in what order, and how to go out there, where to stand on the stage, how to move, etc.. We also had plenty of time to just banter among ourselves. Because the ladies were all ... us.. it was great. We chattered like magpies!

When it was time, we herded ourselves to the ballroom backstage, where we awaited our cues. As they announced each of us, we walked up, pranced to the back of the stage, then to the side, front, and other side. Then we crossed back and were helped down the steps, where we met our adoring public. We ambled among the tables, showing off our duds, and then we exited through the back, and ran back to the changing room for the next round.

The funny thing for me was that the woman from the clothing store who was putting on the show, Lorie, enjoyed kidding around with me. When she introduced me, she pointed out that, although she enjoys hiking, walking, cycling.. all this outdoor stuff, today Janee actually wore makeup for you! Every time I was up there, she said something about me or I did something that made all the ladies laugh. It was such fun! I hope that they ask me to do it again next year.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sis, who would have ever thought you would grow up to be a model! :D

    Sounds like you had a great time and that's good. Boy, I am sick of winter...it has been a strange one...warm, wet, cold, really cold, wet, snow, ice, more ice...yuck. And the wind almost every day has been brisk. Thunderstorms, ice mess, you name it. The weathermen have got it wrong so often this year, it has become the joke around the office.

    Aaron turned 31 on Friday and we had a party for him yesterday. It was good, but all the kids were a bit wild and Nana was pretty happy to see them go home. I don't often say that, but our house is pretty small and they can get pretty wild. I am always glad to see them, but sometimes happier to see their backsides going toward the car to head home. The benefits of being a grandparent, for sure.

    Nothing much going on around here for the rest of the weekend. I am thinking about painting my laundry room next (after the kitchen). No stripes this time though.

    Love you! Have a good week. Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now now the photoshop expert should have posted photos :-) Maybe "photoshopped" as needed. ;-) (I doubt much need)

    ReplyDelete