Sunday, February 17, 2008

Party Day

Today was a fun day. I got up and remembered that I had no milk and no cereal so I drove down and asked John if he wanted to go get groceries with me. Sure. Over $100 later, I have milk and a full pantry. Yay!

After breakfast, I went for my walk and talked with Dave. The morning was pretty, with no wind and a temperature of about 60 when I got home.

While I was eating my granola, Gary came by and asked if I wanted to come to their party this afternoon. Well, yes! I had a shower and heard sounds of deck-building when I got out. Jack was doing a little routing and sanding. We sat on our new bench and talked about what we had left to do, and talked to some people who happened by.

The way parties happen here is that someone has the idea and supplies some main dish. Then everyone who comes brings a side dish, hors d'oevre, or dessert to share, and something to drink. I supplied a rigatoni and Italian sausage dish, which was quite good. Everything was great, and of course the people were fun. Lots of laughs defined the afternoon. When it started to cool down, most of us left.

During the party, I found a paper clip on the pool deck. Now... those of you who know the paper clip story know what I'm thinking here: Michael drops those for me! I told the story to a small group and everyone enjoyed it. These folks really enjoyed Michael -- and they knew only the fun side of him!

John and I went out for ice cream (Sunday!) and that was good too. So it was a great day. :)

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to go wrong with Italian sausage. ;-)

    Glad to hear you having fun.

    ReplyDelete