Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Pima Canyon Hike

This green is a color that I actually saw today in little ferns that were growing up in Pima Canyon. The hike took off from the northwest part of town -- at Ina and Christie, and then north on Christie.

The hike followed a well-traveled trail which carried us across the usually dry creekbed, which was today a rushing rill! So we had some rock-hopping. The hike was 5.3 miles with 1000 ft of altitude gain.

It was Jack's turn to bring the peanut butter sandwiches, and we ate them on a nice flat rock overlooking a rushing waterfall. This was one of the prettiest hikes of the year!

Monday evening, Jack and I worked on the lid for the bar for the deck. We put the linoleum tiles on, edged them with the aluminum channeling, and then attached the hinges. We grinned. It looked great.

This morning, though, the tiles had lifted in places. This afternoon, when it was much warmer, they had lifted more! Eeek! We're going to try taking off the trim, relaying the tiles when the day is warm, with warming help of a hairdryer, and then trimming the edges, before reapplying the trim.

If it doesn't work, we'll use a solid piece of linoleum, trim the edges, and just hold it with the trim. The temperature differential here is profound, so I shouldn't be surprised that this is something of a challenge.

I do have some deck photos, and more to come. And today I took what should be a nice collection of Pima Canyon photos. I just have to get them out of the camera which I will do... soon!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about you Janee. But I hate it when things don't go according to plan on home improvement projects. Good luck to the two of you.

    ReplyDelete