Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Actually.. it was a total eclipse of the moon! And we had a block party to celebrate it! While it was a bit chilly (probably 50), everyone enjoyed watching the moon disappear into the shadow of the earth. People toured the new deck, and ate my snacks. I loved it!

First thing today I went for my walk with Maddy. The sun was up, but not over the Rincons when I started walking, and it was still just 49 degrees, so it was a little cool. (I know that you Indiana people reading this are not sympathetic!)

Play practice came next, and we did a walkthrough of the entire production. It's going well and I think that people are going to have fun watching us having fun. This is such a happy group, and I love it!

Jack and I worked on the deck a bit, mulling over what we're going to do about the top of the bar, since the stick-on linoleum tiles don't seem to be working. I think that we're going to be taking the tiles up, and adding some construction adhesive. I'm not optimistic about that, but I know that we'll come up with something that works well.

We made a step to lead down to the driveway. This will make it possible to use the driveway for entertaining space, should I decide to put the RV into storage. It'll also make it easier to get into the RV where it is, and that's important too.

And we worked on the electricity. We're putting power onto one of the awning support poles, and I'll plug in a string of rope lighting there, into the switched plug. We're going to add a 30A receptacle for the RV, which will be on the side of the old part of the deck.

I think that all that's left after that is putting some sort of stain on the deck. I have to figure out how to make the top part of the deck work with the new part. I want to stain (not paint) the bottom, but the top part is painted. So... I think that we're looking at painting the top part in a darker shade, and then coordinating the bottom part. I'm really happy with this deck. I know... pictures. I took some, but they're still in the camera. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe mosaic tikes, broken pottery, old flower pots, or something like that would be more in keeping with a southwest patio than linoleum? And since that is the kind of thing that has worked in that climate best, maybe you might change your materials?

    I'm sure it will look great whatever you end up with.

    ReplyDelete