Saturday, March 22, 2008

Where's Myx, Steel Agaves, and Camera Advice

Be sure that you click that Where's Myx? link over there --> when you're done reading my posting. Dave has posted pics of Myx in various locations in and around Tucson! And he is characteristically funny in these postings.

I found the charger for my Nikon D70 camera! And so I used it to shoot a couple of pics of my new steel agaves outside the front of my cottage. What do you think? The deck that you see here is not my new one, and it'll be painted taupe to match the new part.
The agaves are steel and are made by an artist in Tubac. The one on the left side is not as rusty as the one on the right, but it'll get there. I "planted" them in white marble rock from Home Depot. My friend Kathy spotted the pots, which seem to change color, depending upon the time of day.

I'm really happy that y'all like my Sedona photos! In answer to "Anonymous," ;) I use a Sony Cybershot for most of my photos, including any hiking photos. That's because the camera is small. While its photos are far inferior to those of the D70, the D70's weight is measured in pounds -- not something that I'm likely to carry hiking. I suppose it would get me into better shape to carry more weight, but... The Cybershot's photos are just fine for my blogging purposes, anyway.

My advice for you, buying a camera, is to buy something that you'll carry and use. The worst photo is the one that doesn't get taken, because you left your camera behind. I started out with a small low-pixel Nikon Coolpix, back in 1999. I got bigger and bigger, finally ending up with the D70. And I wasn't carrying it. So that's when I got the Cybershot. I use the D70 only when I'm going out with the goal of shooting photos. I don't always take it when I travel, and I never carry it hiking.

We reached a high of at least 83 today, and I spent part of the day at the pool. Our pool is always 87° so you just climb right in, with no "getting used to it" time necessary. The hot tub is 105° which is hot, but I can do it, as long as I limit myself to about 10 minutes. I'm actually getting a little bit of a tan! How unlike me!

I went today and replaced my walking shoes, too. I wear Asics, and these are a new model of Asics. I like them because they are very comfy... and lime green.

1 comment:

  1. Janee, that "anonymous" bozo who asked the camera question on your prior post was me, Lynell. Forgot to sign my name. Sorry.

    Thanks for the camera advice. Canon has come out with a teeny DSLR that has my interest. You're right -- if the camera is home on your desk, it doesn't get used. I will wait till the price comes down before I seriously lust.

    Love your agave plants! Think of the tequila you could brew. Yee-hah! You have them planted beautifully, too. Just don't stumble into one or you'll need a tetanus shot.

    Little girls in Dallas today are shivering in their frilly Easter dresses. Brrrrr!

    David messed up his knee Friday, so we'll deal with that tomorrow. Meanwhile, he is iced and elevated and the kitchen remains unpainted. Life sure throws some curve balls.

    Gonna look at Myx now.

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete